2009 Ram Lifetime Warranty Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hoosier

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 FlexFuel
I had some warranty work performed (water Pump) last week on my 2009 Ram SLT Crew Cab 4.7 under the Lifetime Powertrain Limited Warranty and the dealer advised it sounded as if the wheel bearings needed to be replaced but he could not get Chrysler to approve as a warranty item? I called Chrysler this morning and the young lady advised: "Wheel bearing are covered as a General Warranty item but not under the Lifetime Powertrain Warranty? My General Warranty has expired per her."

The Ram is a 4x4 and has 183000 miles on it. Does it sound correct the wheel bearings are not covered? Anyone with a similar experience? The Dealer advised he thought they should be and suggested I contact Chrysler directly myself for assistance.

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Welcome to the forum!

Wheel bearings aren't considered "Powertrain" which is why they aren't covering them. They would have been covered under the "Bumper to Bumper" warranty that usually lasts 36k miles... But not under the "Powertrain" warranty.

Adam

pickupman66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I will agree here on your Warranty coverage. they are not covered under the powertrain. I replaced both of my fronts right around 100,000 miles.

OP
OP
H

Hoosier

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 FlexFuel
Thanks folks I appreciate the assist. I was shocked at the ease of getting the other warranty work performed although Gilstrap Motors in Southern Indiana has always did a great job taking care of its customers.

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Thanks folks I appreciate the assist. I was shocked at the ease of getting the other warranty work performed although Gilstrap Motors in Southern Indiana has always did a great job taking care of its customers.

Glad we can help! There are a TON of great members on here to help with your questions. Just don't ask about MPG, Bilsteins and if a certain tire size will fit your truck without using the search option first. :favorites13:

Adam