2011 Ram 2500 Assorted Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KayleD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2011 Ram 2500 Laramie Longhorn Crew Cab. About six months ago my heater unit went out. Since then my air-conditioning unit is trying to fail, and just this week my starter began to fail also. It will turn over and over and not start unless the pick up is in neutral and then it will start. Any ideas? Could it be the TIPM?

MdMassey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You say it will turn over and over but not start... that's not a starter issue, the starter is doing it's job if the engine turns over. This is called a crank no start issue. It is usually related to 2 major causes, no spark or no fuel. If you have spark then the engine should fire briefly with some starting fluid. Don't spray it on the MAF sensor. If the engine kicks with the starting fluid then look into the fuel pump, and injectors. If the engine doesn't kick then pull a coil and get either a coil tester (i.e. Spark plug tester or what ever your local auto part store calls it) or a known good spark plug or 2 in the case of a hemi, and give the engine a crank and see if it lights up. Don't worry about the color of the spark, that has more to do with the humidity than it does the health of the coil. If no spark look at the crank position sensor or possibly the PCM as those are the 2 main components for creating spark other than the coils. Also run a scan on the computer and see which codes are present. That can tell a lot of your issues.