2012 Limited 6.7 Upgrades

Discussion in 'Engine and Performance' started by 68 Coronet R/T, Apr 23, 2017.

Sponsored By: Moe's Performance
  1. 68 Coronet R/T

68 Coronet R/T Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    6.7 Cummins
    I have a 2012 CC Limited 6.7 with only 27000 miles and I'm considering doing a EGR and DPF delete. Has anyone done this and what are the advantages. What will I see in performance increase.The program that will be installed is basically a towing program as that's all I use the truck for and the torque and HP will increase slightly.

2. BWC

BWC Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Cummins
    There are many advantages to deleting the egr and dpf (for off road use only of course). You will have a much better running engine and fuel mileage. Performance increase is all up to you can run a stock delete tune to keep you at your current power or you can run max performance tune. As far as tuners which I'm sure you're curious about, EFI live is hands down been the best option for deleting.

Any other questions just ask

3. Power247

Power247 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    CTD 6.7
    Strictly from a vehicle perspective there are many advantages to deletes. Better fuel economy, overall cleaner running engine, better engine performance & less maintenance are at the top of my list. But before considering any of this, you need to get familiar with how strict emissions enforcement is in your​ area and the areas you like to travel. If diesel emissions are strictly monitored and enforced all the gains will not be worth the hassle.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310