2012 ram 1500 ST... how to install Tekonsha brake controller

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike Daley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi guys just wanted to say that I am new here. I just bought my 2012 ram about a month ago and I am looking to install my Tekonsha P3 brake controller that I removed form my previous 2008 Cummins. I have done some research and cannot find a solid answer for my question so this is why I'm posting here. I found the 1 grey 4 pin connector under the dash.. So my question is, is this just a simple plug and play into that connector or do I need to do more? Some videos that I have seen on YouTube showed that there was 2 plugs under the dash but my truck only has 1 total. Hopefully someone can tell me everything I need to do to install this correctly. Thanks!

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
My 2010 is 1 connector plug and play under the dash by the ebrake it's just that easy.. I even drilled a hole in my brake controller holder and mounted it on the dash screw down there for the sake of not drilling into my dash. It's lower than I would like but I don't tow very often.

csuder99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You'd need an adapter from the square grey connector to the flat connector on the brake controller. Part Number 3021-P from what I can tell which should be different from the adapter in the older 2500