2013 Ram 2500 headlight bulb replacment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joe's 2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Gang, my headlights are not the best I have had, and with no fog lamps its somewhat dark at night. I search utube for replacing the bulbs a
and there seems to be that I will have to take the grill off, is there an easier way? I have a brush guard and would not like to take it off, any suggestions. I was thinking of adding Sylvania ultra brights for a simple upgrade they worked on my other vehicles, any thoughts?
I am planning on adding fog lamps to the front of grill and rigging it on its own switch.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I think that is the only way to replace the lights

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
If you have a very long extension and some butyl (or a little duct tape) you can use that to get it out.

Thats how I do mine now.

As for replacement bulbs.........halogens are halogens...........bleh. Time for some HIDs, you'll see that difference! 2013+ Dodge Ram HIDs

kkreit01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Isn't there an access panel in the front fender liner? Mine has panels on each side for something?

OP
OP
Joe's 2500

Joe's 2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
If you have a very long extension and some butyl (or a little duct tape) you can use that to get it out.

Thats how I do mine now.

As for replacement bulbs.........halogens are halogens...........bleh. Time for some HIDs, you'll see that difference! 2013+ Dodge Ram HIDs

Jeremy thanks for the link and the info, I have heard good and bad with HID, and personally had set blow out after on a few week during the winter. I was told that that was common, so I am little gun shy with HIDs. Have they dcjanged it has been about 3 years, and how will the HID effect the EVIC will I get any messages?

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You have to remove the headlight to replace the bulb.
Yes, the factory headlights (specially w/o fogs) are JUNK, I'd argue downright dangerous.

I've been Running JJ HIDs (same set) for almost 3 years w/o issue.
I am using the same set in my '13 as I had in my '11 without any codes.

OP
OP
Joe's 2500

Joe's 2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Greg you are right these ones in my tradesmen are trash during wet conditions, I put a brush guard on and will add some fog lamps to help out also. I was thinking if there was a way to change the bulbs without taking the guard off just to be a little easier. 3 years is great what watage are you running? You have any pic of what they look like on?

JohnD72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
kkreit - the access panel is for the locking tab you have to disconnect to remove the headlight assembly. I've been all over/under my truck looking for ways to get to the bulbs. Not gonna happen.
If anyone had found a way to do it, it would've been JJ. lol
Either pull the grille or use the long extension.

I guess I just got used to my little S-10... I don't have any issue with the brightness of my factory headlights. Plus I have the fogs, so I guess that helps.
The only issue I have is... that they're factory. :D
Gonna change that, soon.

namccanna

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Isn't there an access panel in the front fender liner? Mine has panels on each side for something?

That access panel is to access a clip that holds the headlight assembly in place. The headlight assembly is sealed completely. You have to take the assembly out and then remove caps to access the bulbs.

Whatever....didn't see the post above until after I posted this.... scanned it looking for quotes..... oh well.

Last edited: