2014 Outdoorsman Lift Choice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dhambyst121

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the 2014 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman Crew Cab. I want a 6 inch lift with Bilsteins all around and am considerring the 6 inch Superlift with the Bilsteins or the Zone 6 inch with Zone's shocks (cheaper by $200)

The problem I have is the 2014 Outdoorsman already comes 1 inch higher than the stock 1500 SLT, so some warn against the Superlift 6 inch lift due to cv vibration and alignment issues when paired with the Bilsteins.

Anyone out there with the Outdoorsman that can point me the way? I want max lift with no more than 1 inch of rake. Perfectly level is not a priority for me as I will occasionally pull a trailer with a riding mower.

I have heard as long as I don't go 2.8 on the bilsteins I will be ok. Is 2.1 ok or 1.4? I don't want to wear out the cv or other components or fight alignment issues.

I'm putting 35x12.5 Mickey Thompsons on a set of 20x10 -18 wheels as well.

Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
My 2015 outdoorsman has the rough country lift on it with factory struts still and the rc shocks in the rear and it sits almost dead level and rides really well. I plan on swapping the bilsteins in eventually at all 4 corners just because i like them and think it’ll ride even better with them on. I’m pretty sure I read in a thread on here that 2.1 is the setting of choice.

OP
OP
dhambyst121

dhambyst121

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I found a Black Friday sale on LIFTKITS4LESS and bought the PRO COMP 6 inch lift with Pro Runner SS fronts. A $2200 kit for $1700 was a black friday steal. Everything on their site was 25% off.
No brainer there.

The Pro Runner SS's are adjustable ride height just like the Bilsteins. I checked the fitment they had listed on PRO COMP and it definitely said the 2014 Outdoorsman was an exact fit.

I am insanely happy and my wife says I'm done.... Little does she know I have headlights to upgrade and side steps to replace and chrome bumpers to vinyl wrap.