2014 Ram 1500 Tradesman factory stereo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boostadvantage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Turbo Diesel
Hi all,
I have a factory stereo in my truck and want to upgrade, but I dont want to purchase a bezel kit and change everything making it look like junk. I think that I have ran across an Alpine factory stereo that has navigation and amp outputs that comes in the higher trim packages. I would also like to incorporate a backup camera and keep my xm radio. Bluetooth would also be a nice upgrade as well.

Is this Alpine unit an option or am I making this up? If it is does anyone know where I might be able to purchase one

Rusty942630

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes they do offer it but its an aftermarket upgrade. There are a couple videos of it on you tube. I considered it before just buying the 8.4 with navigation and bezel kit from infotainment formerly OEM. The price was actually cheaper than the Alpine.

OP
OP
B

boostadvantage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Turbo Diesel
thanks.
I actually have a really nice stereo and backup camera with everything i want from my old silverado that was totaled and I hate to do the install just because of the bezel nonsense.

Also wish this truck had steering wheel controls, but oh well

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
thanks.
I actually have a really nice stereo and backup camera with everything i want from my old silverado that was totaled and I hate to do the install just because of the bezel nonsense.

Also wish this truck had steering wheel controls, but oh well
You can install the steering wheel audio controls on your truck. It's a simple plug and play install and will work with all the Ram radios RA1 RA2 RA3 and RA4. You can buy the kit from allmoparparts.com. They are a vendor on the forum. You can also upgrade to the factory 8.4 radio as mentioned. You can do it much less expensively by just buying the parts and do it yourself instead of buying the kit from infotainment. You can pick up a non nav 8.4 for around $350 if you search around you can get the factory nav unit for around 450. You can find the 8.4 bezels for around $100. After that you would need the conversion harness that you can buy from M2mods on the Forum and a Heater control module and that's it. Is completely plug-and-play and works perfectly and looks completely original because it's all Factory parts. Myself along with many others upgraded to the 8.4 factory Nav radio and installed kicker speakers. In my opinion the truck sounds great. It's not a high-end aftermarket stereo but it definitely suits my needs and integrates perfectly with the truck.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

justin peck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7l
Question, I found a really good deal on a 8.4 from a Chrysler 300. Will this work in my truck or does it need to be ram specific?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Question, I found a really good deal on a 8.4 from a Chrysler 300. Will this work in my truck or does it need to be ram specific?

You're going to want to try to get a radio out of a Ram or a Jeep Cherokee. People who have tried the radio out of the Chrysler 300 have had problems with them working correctly in a Ram.

justin peck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7l
Awesome thanks! I found a really really good deal on a 300 radio is the only reason I ask.

STecoD

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Crew Cab Tradesman
Engine
3.0L Diesel
d80720984d0671d8572e7b9b99531354.jpg
This was a Tradesman at one time.

justin peck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7l
d80720984d0671d8572e7b9b99531354.jpg
This was a Tradesman at one time.

That looks good!!! Is that factory? It looks aftermarket!

I have the jump seat in it now but just picked up a full length console with 7speed fan switch and 8.4 console bezel that fits the full length console for 200$. I have the harnesses ordered and the 8.4 VP4 ordered.

STecoD

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Crew Cab Tradesman
Engine
3.0L Diesel

I have the jump seat in it now but just picked up a full length console with 7speed fan switch and 8.4 console bezel that fits the full length console for 200$. I have the harnesses ordered and the 8.4 VP4 ordered.

Factory radio, bezel(besides M2grimm mod), switch panel.

justin peck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7l
Factory radio, bezel(besides M2grimm mod), switch panel.

Man that looks good, I’m excited for everything to come in. My setup should look exactly like yours. M2grimm is building my 4spd to 7spd harness and 5.0 to 8.4 harness and the 911 dial out pigtail.

Did you get anything else from him?

STecoD

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Crew Cab Tradesman
Engine
3.0L Diesel
The bezel I paid to have him add the Auto button to the single zone bezel. It was pricey but I like the way it turned out. If you haven’t ordered the sensor for auto temperature control I would. Then Genie makes a tool that just plugs in to set it to single zone. It’s pretty neat

STecoD

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Crew Cab Tradesman
Engine
3.0L Diesel
Looking at their page it’s $175-$200 if you just provide your single zone or $130 if you provide a spare dual zone bezel. To make it ATC you also need the sensor $27 from eBay and obdgenie $200 Genie for single zone auto climate control. No point in the bezel without the other two things

justin peck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7l

So I finished my install from an RA1 to RA4 and am very happy. I noticed my icons are orange and your are blue on the touch screen, how do I go about changing them?

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I finished my install from an RA1 to RA4 and am very happy. I noticed my icons are orange and your are blue on the touch screen, how do I go about changing them?

Go into your settings menu and then go into display and then push themes. You should have 7 screen themes the number 6 one is blue.

justin peck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7l
I don’t have that option on mine, what version are you running?

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don’t have that option on mine, what version are you running?

If you update your firmware you should get all the screen themes. Do you know what year your radio is?

justin peck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7l
No I don’t, I can check the firmware and see what version I’m running

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No I don’t, I can check the firmware and see what version I’m running

If you can get the part# from the radio you can tell that way too.