2014 RAM1500 new Transmission

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
O

omnisap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi
Thanks

Grizz,

Yes the truck itself is in great shape, no accidents, no rust. I took my colleague and he is an aircraft maintenance guy, he drove the truck upto strathmore, put computer in it to get checked and we drove back and he says is amazing. He still claims noise is not from tranny and he asked me to buy and not waste my time of going to dodge. LOL. I will post few pics here in few hours

OP
OP
O

omnisap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi
Thanks

Yes this is a 4X4.

Also i called dodge now and they mentioned its a REMAN (or) Rebuild transmission and i will have 2 year unlimited km warranty on the transmission. Power train warranty will be over in 900 kms.

OS

grizzstang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A reman trans is not a surprise or a concern IMO as it is a MOPAR reman. The trans shops around Calgary seem sketchy at best and I have yet to find a good one so if it was an aftermarket rebuild I would run from this truck as fast as possible. With a 2 year warranty on the trans the truck might be worth buying but only you can make that call as we can't see what you see.

Make sure it starts quiet and does not have any hot or cold idle ticks in the Hemi.

Is it this one?

http://wwwa.autotrader.ca/a/Ram/150...2124706/?ursrc=pl&urp=8&urm=9&showcpo=ShowCPO

Last edited:
OP
OP
O

omnisap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi
hahah yes bro. Same one. Everything else is awsome and starts slow. As per dodge, is not from a local trans guy and it comes from US....What is MOPAR reman means?

Last edited:

smurfs_of_war

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
If it helps any, these Hemi's can take a hell of a **** kicking and still be as good as new. Basically as long as it had oil and coolant, there's not much a guy could do to damage it. If you're getting 2 yr on a reman done by Chrysler techs in their facility- you may be good to go. They'd gut the whole thing and put all new in so it may as well be brand new :)

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
O

omnisap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi
Thanks Smurf. But when am selling it after 2 years ...suppose if you come and look at the truck, do you think the value of my truck goes down because i had a reman transmission (or) does it go up ? would you be comfortable enough to buy my truck?

OP
OP
O

omnisap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi
I spoke to dodge and asked and they repeatedly say its not third party tranny place and is done by Chrysler canada....and said they will not give any paper, but if there is a problem and i go with any dodge/chrysler showroom and they will honor me.

smurfs_of_war

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Thanks Smurf. But when am selling it after 2 years ...suppose if you come and look at the truck, do you think the value of my truck goes down because i had a reman transmission (or) does it go up ? would you be comfortable enough to buy my truck?
After a couple years the reman trans will not be what devalues it- the mileage will be.

That said- yes- after a couple years if it's still going strong after the trans swap I would buy it if it was what I was looking for and you had documentation for the trans swap. But the fact it had a new trans would raise an eyebrow with me. A couple years is plenty of time for any little gremlins and defficiencies to rear their head.

The value will most certainly not increase, but I don't think you'd take a bath either.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
O

omnisap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi
Thanks

Well dodge mentioned since is MOPAR parts, every dodge/chrysler will honour me as long as i have the invoice of the tranny change. Dodge guy mentioned that he can give a statement in paper that this tranny is under warranty. But service lady mentioned they wont give a statement, but every dodge will know as soon as they see my history.

OP
OP
O

omnisap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi
Pics

Here you go. Attached are the pics and copy of 85 inspection what Dodge did.

Attachments

• truck1.jpg
    truck1.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 32
  • truck2.jpg
    truck2.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 35
  • truck 3.jpg
    truck 3.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

cbsmith

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What are the multiple other maintenance items it is due for? You should find that out and what the cost is to get them done as well.

Jared26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Walk away from that truck. I bet it's an oil field truck, high kms for the year, dealer didn't even bother cleaning it before putting those pictures on Autotrader which shows in their opinion it's not worth their time, signs of abuse, no warranty, says it needs multiple maintenance items. You'd be insane to buy it to be honest.

OP
OP
O

omnisap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi
4wheel Differntial fluid change
Pcv valve
Hemi tuneup
Coolant if i remember correctly

OP
OP
O

omnisap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi
Jared they are giving 2 year warranty on the tranny

Jared26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Jared they are giving 2 year warranty on the tranny

The rest of the truck is out of warranty in 800kms and I guarantee it's been beat on. That truck wasn't taken care of, I can tell just by looking at the dealer pictures. I'd run away from it.

I really get an oilfield rig pig vibe from it.

Last edited:

Jared26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not trying to burst your bubble, just giving my opinion. As well the maintenance that they listed it needs is probably going to run about ~$1500 bucks, so keep that in mind as well. Has a dealer been able to give you any service history on it?

OP
OP
O

omnisap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi
Nope i did not ask for history as is from a GM dealer. I can ask the dodge guys for that details. Nope is ok as i never owned a truck and you guys are experts in this. So i like all the advice.i took my colleague who repairs aircraftsand he said the truck is perfectly ok and thats y i put the deposit on.

Last edited: