2015 Center Console Swap DIY

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Searched back through the thread, looks like the floor shifter won't work with the 8 speed trans, so I guess that part of it is out :(

Jkieffer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
It absolutely won't work

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

WTM75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
thanks guys, I am tempted to do this. My buddy has the console in his, going to drive his and decide. I had it in my previous truck (F150), and had the shifter in the console as well, I would probably like that setup in my Ram also :).

It’s my favorite mod to date and very easy to do. I got mine from Casey at Fodor Auto, great prices and very helpful. I had lots of questions. Lol

autumnwalker

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the base of the console is the same between 2015 and 2016+? I'd like to swap the top part of the console (the part with the cup holders) to get the different center pocket, door, and cell phone holder in my 2015.

Hoping this is just popping off the top that is in my 2015 and replacing with the top of a 2016+.

Jkieffer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I believe it is. I ordered a 2013 version and have updated the holders a couple of times over the years. I think depending on the cup holder assembly the tabs might be a little different but nothing that would keep you from changing.

bigcrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Express Man, Do you have a cd player in your truck? Also do you know what the other end of that connector plugs into? I'm assuming the radio or radio harness.

Wolfpup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anybody know offhand the diameter of the hole for the 12v lighter port/ usb port is? I'm converting over to a center console, and dont want to lose the lower right dash usb power port, so i'm relocating it to where the 110v inverter plug usually would be.

Jkieffer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
It worked in my case.

Black W900

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Does anyone know if the base of the console is the same between 2015 and 2016+? I'd like to swap the top part of the console (the part with the cup holders) to get the different center pocket, door, and cell phone holder in my 2015.

Hoping this is just popping off the top that is in my 2015 and replacing with the top of a 2016+.

I did mine a couple of months ago....It took 30 minutes, start to finish.

From this...20180323_175744 - Copy.jpg

To this....20180830_185525.jpg

Leftyred

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Can anyone tell me the steps to remove the bezel? Where should I start prying.....I'm a bit concerned with breaking any clips or plastic pieces. I'm talking with another member to sway my jump seat for his console so I've read through the threads but didn't see anything on how to actually start on the bezel.

Thanks.

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Can anyone tell me the steps to remove the bezel? Where should I start prying.....I'm a bit concerned with breaking any clips or plastic pieces. I'm talking with another member to sway my jump seat for his console so I've read through the threads but didn't see anything on how to actually start on the bezel.

Thanks.
Two #20 torx on the top tray, then just grip the top and give it a yank.

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
can anyone help with a bit of wiring.
I installed a console with shifter from 2013 in 2018 tradesman.
I have 2 wiring issues, 1 I have the 8.4 with CarPlay, I removed the Sd card-power outlet-usb, need to know the wiring schematic for the 2usb CarPlay media hub.
2. Need to wire the light in the shifter. I’m not sure where that wire would be and where to tie it in.
I can pull harnesses from the jump seat if that would be easier.

SRich2015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
can anyone help with a bit of wiring.
I installed a console with shifter from 2013 in 2018 tradesman.
I have 2 wiring issues, 1 I have the 8.4 with CarPlay, I removed the Sd card-power outlet-usb, need to know the wiring schematic for the 2usb CarPlay media hub.
2. Need to wire the light in the shifter. I’m not sure where that wire would be and where to tie it in.
I can pull harnesses from the jump seat if that would be easier.
On the shifter light you should be able to tie into the red power wire for the power outlet in the console bin.(but the light should work with the jumper harness) Not sure on the media hub USB hub? Did the same swop on my 18' and everything plugged up and worked!! Did have to move 1 plug from under the driver seat to the lower dash but that was easy!!

Last edited:

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
On the shifter light you should be able to tie into the red power wire for the power outlet in the console bin. Not sure on the media hub USB hub?

Found that the orange wire to the media hub is to light the media hub when the dash lights come on.
My issue is, I don’t know which wire in the 2013 console is for the lights in the shifter.

SRich2015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Found that the orange wire to the media hub is to light the media hub when the dash lights come on.
My issue is, I don’t know which wire in the 2013 console is for the lights in the shifter.
Did you buy the jumper harness for the console shifter? Part#68024883AC

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did you buy the jumper harness for the console shifter?
Yes, jumper harness does not supply the light, I believe it only does lockout when key isn’t on and manual shift.
The jumper harness has two connectors in the column for the two functions stated above and single connector to the shifter module.

SRich2015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Yes, jumper harness does not supply the light, I believe it only does lockout when key isn’t on and manual shift.
The jumper harness has two connectors in the column for the two functions stated above and single connector to the shifter module.

Yes it should supply the light power for the shifter!! I have done 3 of the shifter upgrades on trucks and they all powered the light without any taps!! only the older pre 2011 did not, you may want to check the bulb...

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes it should supply the light power for the shifter!! I have done 3 of the shifter upgrades on trucks and they all powered the light without any taps!! only the older pre 2011 did not, you may want to check the bulb...
I can check the bulb tomorrow but where would the switched power for the light come from on the jumper harness?
There is nothing that is lit on the column shift setup and the two connectors on the jump harness replace the lockout and manual shift, neither of which have a dash light circuit in their harness.

I’d almost bet that the ones you have done pull the lighting from under the seat not the jump harness as there is a lighting circuit under the drivers seat that lights the media hub.

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

My console was not plug and play, the 2013 console has a single connector that runs under the drivers seat (the 2018 jump seat has 3 under the seat). In the 2013 console the other two connectors (media hub) run to the front of the console instead of under the seat and the connectors are different. So what I’m looking for is a diagram so I can extend from the two connectors to under the seat. And pickup the lighting for the shifter. ( assuming it’s not a bulb out)

SRich2015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I can check the bulb tomorrow but where would the switched power for the light come from on the jumper harness?
There is nothing that is lit on the column shift setup and the two connectors on the jump harness replace the lockout and manual shift, neither of which have a dash light circuit in their harness.

I’d almost bet that the ones you have done pull the lighting from under the seat not the jump harness as there is a lighting circuit under the drivers seat that lights the media hub.
Around 2012 they upgraded the jumper harness to power the shifter lights. Nothing else plugs into the shifter so I know it gets power from the jumper harness just can't tell you which wire powers it!! My first shifter mod I did have to tap into the power outlet in the bin. But on my last 2 trucks I did not. Hope you get it working!!