2015 Center Console Swap DIY

Discussion in '4th Gen DIY' started by hankRam2015, Feb 19, 2016.

1. crash68

crash68 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    3.0 EcoDiesel
    In the full floor console, the CD players are large storage part of console. I'm guessing it is the same CD player module as your jumpseat. You'll want to make sure the floor console you get has at least the mounting for the CD player, if it doesn't have the player in it already.

Jsimon34 likes this.
  2. 12sportmc

12sportmc Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi

That's because it is so conveniently located under the jump seat bottom lol. You have to flip the seat back up and then flip up the seat bottom to get to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jsimon34 and Mpgrimm2 like this.
  3. Jsimon34

Jsimon34 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Here ya go....

Attached Files:

12sportmc and Mpgrimm2 like this.
  4. Jsimon34

Jsimon34 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Complete pita to get to if, like me, you still listen to CDs here and there. Idiotic design in my opinion

12sportmc likes this.
  5. JRust

JRust Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    EcoDiesel
    Yeah that blows for placement. How are you supposed to change a CD while you are driving?

For the swap it will be easy for you. Find a center Console with a CD player. It will all be plug & play if you can get the complete unit. I will have most of a Laramie Center console & Bezel available soon. I bought one that was missing come parts. I have it in my rig now but have the right color for my truck coming with everything I need. I'd be happy to make you a deal on it but it is for the tan interior. So the sides are tan & the arm rest is a Brown. I found some on Car-Part pretty reasonably. We are talking $350 shipped for the center console with brackets & the bezel. Just keep your eye's open & you can find one.

6. Jsimon34

Jsimon34 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    I'm waiting to hear back from a fellow forum member who has one with CD player for a good price..... pretty sure all I'll need is to change the shifter console to normal one and get a dash bezel if he doesn't have one. Appreciate the offer, but like you, I have the diesel gray interior

7. JRust

JRust Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    EcoDiesel
    No worries. Mine will be missing some stuff anyway. Definitely wouldn't be the turn key solution. The shifter deal is interesting. Haven't looked into that at all. So even the floor console shifter is still basically an electrical setup? It isn't shift cables? Hopefully that is a simple swap for you. Best of luck man & post up your results. These DIY threads are awesome

8. Jsimon34

Jsimon34 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Thought I had one, but the PayPal name isn't working..... I have a column shift too.... not going to swap it for the other for a bit tho....

9. Jsimon34

Jsimon34 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Picked up the console today.... missing the dash bezel and mourning bracket, but for the price couldn't pass it up..... anyone on here know if you can swap out the console and dash bezel trim pieces or not? The chrome colored pieces in the photo...

Attached Files:

10. OnSale

OnSale Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7L
    I've seen just the silver part of the center console for sale on ebay before so I'm guessing that part comes off and you can swap it out.

I'd you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for the console?

I just picked up this console last week for $200 off another forum member on here, Disturbed. Great guy!!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

The silver part you mentioned had some heavy scratches so Disturbed wrapped the silver parts in black vinyl for me. Looks really nice and he gave me a ton of spare vinyl so I can wrap my radio bezel parts aswell once it gets here. I'm just waiting on the bezel and brackets to arrive that I bought off ebay. My black matching front "kick" panels already arrived. Once the bezel and brackets get here I'm ready to swap it in. I'm so excited... ive been dying to get a center console in my truck since I test drove it haha...

Sent from hell via TapATalk