2015 ram 2500 cc 6.4 problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjfdesmo

Reaction score
Ram trucks.....suck.....im gonna lemon law this thing...and buy a chevy....a real truck

I have been in your shoes several times. If you think Ford or Chevy or Toyota will treat you better, good luck with that. I lemon lawed an '04 Chevy and GM tried to hose me from every angle all the way through. It took a year to successfully get rid of that POS.

WaterBoy1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie CC2500 Black Edition
Engine
Agreed! They ALL have their issues, unfortunately for the OP, your truck sounds like the poster child for why your lemon law was enacted.

I came from GM trucks to my current Ram, and I was hesitant. I can say though, after 6 months with it, almost flawless. Have only had an issue with a TPMS sensor going out.

Best of luck OP with whatever truck you choose, but I hope FCA does the right thing for you. That truck must have been built late on a Friday of a long weekend!

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I have been in your shoes several times. If you think Ford or Chevy or Toyota will treat you better, good luck with that. I lemon lawed an '04 Chevy and GM tried to hose me from every angle all the way through. It took a year to successfully get rid of that POS.
Exactly, I came from Ford where I had to litterally point out the exact cause of a rattle before they would fix my fusion. The transmission slipped on the 2-3 shift when cold since new and the best they could do was tell me to let the car warm up before driving it. I sent multiple emails to ford and called many times and got no where. Chrysler isn't any better but it shows they all have issues. I looked into Chevy trucks when I bought my HD, they dealership wouldn't even quote me a pice on a truck that wasn't on their lot so I walked out.

jadocs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wow that's crazy. There's no way your truck should be doing that. I would definitely lemon law that POS. As soon as the dealer recommend to keep the doors open so it could cool off, I would have told them to shove that truck up their fourth point of contact, and give you a new one.

Sitedrifter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wonder what happened to truckintrey? 1st post is a ***** about his new Ram 2500 then by the 4th post Chrysler sucks and he wants a chevy. Then nothing.

OP
OP
T

truckintrey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4
Truckintrey is right here d-bag...posted a few more ******* for you....if you able to look back through the thread... I always owned chevys prior to this hunk of sh!!...decided to "expand my horizons" and ill be runnin back to a bowtie now..worst vehicles on the road.. the loaner they gave me this time...2015 durango...2000 miles..i was going through a lil bumpy section of highway (construction zone) and the passnger side air vent fell out of the dash..hahaha.. i cannot believe they continue to build pos's like this...chrysler should be ashamed..... and with my chevys...anytime i woild go in for an oil change they handed me keys to a loaner...no "go rent one and will pay you back" bs...

Sitedrifter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Truckintrey is right here d-bag...posted a few more ******* for you....if you able to look back through the thread... I always owned chevys prior to this hunk of sh!!...decided to "expand my horizons" and ill be runnin back to a bowtie now..worst vehicles on the road.. the loaner they gave me this time...2015 durango...2000 miles..i was going through a lil bumpy section of highway (construction zone) and the passnger side air vent fell out of the dash..hahaha.. i cannot believe they continue to build pos's like this...chrysler should be ashamed..... and with my chevys...anytime i woild go in for an oil change they handed me keys to a loaner...no "go rent one and will pay you back" bs...

Good luck my friend! :flipthebird:

tjfdesmo

Reaction score
Yeah, Chevys are great. '82 C-30-454 coughed up a camshaft at low miles, typical Quadrajunk troubles, GM trans needed bearings and synchros at under 100K miles-none of our Fords at the time ever had a tranny issue-Hydraboost brake unit failed, big $$$. '95 Tahoe-Front axle thermal actuator was a joke-took so long to engage you'd be stuck by the time it finally did. Continuous front axle seal leaks-I got close to lemon law when a district rep finally intervened and replaced the whole axle with the '97 up design, Seats were loose in the tracks-they admitted they were no good and that they could not make them properly so live with it, door hinges wore out at under 40K miles-had to lift up the door to get it to latch. OEM mufflers kept getting loose baffles-replaced three under warranty, then finally gave up and put an aftermarket exhaust on-Multifunction switch on column went bad-GM limited slip would get stuck "on" and chirp the inside tire, had to flush and refill the rear with a double dose of GM aditive twice a year and I don't drive a lot of miles. '04 Silverado w/8.1 and Allison within 1500 miles started bucking and jerking at low speeds, I was without the truck for a good portion of the year I owned it while I went through Lemon Law proceedings. Oh, and my loaner? A Scion Xb, and only for a short term. You head on back to Chevy, and give 'em my regards. Oh, and I will add I can write an even longer list of lemon stories about Ford and their even worse customer care than GM.

Last edited:

Ryan102

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Wow... sounds like a Friday truck. It was Friday so the factory rushed it to get outta work early. However. With the heat issue. If your PCM or ECM exceeds 185 degrees F, it will not operate correctly and will not be able to send or receive it's signals to and from your sensors and other control modules. For example your anti theft security module think dodge calls it SKREM. And that will give you a simulated dead truck. Everything is tied into your PCM. not saying that's your issue but it could happen. IF I was the tech at dodge I would have hooked up the star scan to it while it was having the no start issue and see if the modules We're communicating correctly...

spiG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
I just came from a new 14 Silverado cause they didn't wanna deal when I wanted a CC. I can say I had no problems with it but the transmission in it sucked! You'd have an 1" of travel before it would even respond to the input. Unless you drove it like you stole it, it was a PITA to drive in city because it just wouldn't respond to anything.

Came to Ram cause they gave me a great deal and so far I love this truck. Don't miss in Silverado one bit.

ramisgreat

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram SLT
Engine
5.7 litre
I love my ram 1500 slt. Nice truck and not one issue yet with 68000 km on it. The 4x4 works great in the snow up here in canada. Looking to move to 2500 ram with 6.4 litre. I hope that engine is as good as the 5.7. All the best. Peace!

smurfs_of_war

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I was the poster child for problematic truck. After a month and a half the dealer made it right and bought it back for what I paid and gave me a smoking deal on a brand new one.

Sorry OP, going to a bowtie isn't going to remedy this. I can promise you of this and have firsthand experience. We have a 2012 and a 2015 Silverado sitting on our farm that are complete pieces of **** that nobody trusts- so they sit unless its short jaunts to town. Apparently a number of warrantable issues are easy to deny if a person drives on too much gravel. Like a failed torque convertor and window motors and things. These guys could write a book on lame ass excuses.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

lpfm1990

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
lol at running to GM for quality

Yep. I came from gm. They wouldn't replace the power steering pump that was growling like all hell. And the hyrdo booster that was leaking. It leaked bad enough over last winter it drained the power steering resi!!! Gm told me. They couldn't find any problems and keep driving it. That the pump was fine!!! But mind you I was one month away from the warranty expiring.... So bye bye Chevy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nukegm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
i have had dodge/ram trucks for 17 years.
after having fords for decades...my last "powerjoke" ruined me and the ford fanatic in me forever. and ford didnt care - not even a little.
from the sounds of truckintreys whining, he should go elsewhere to cry.
happy new year.

Jrp267

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was a die hard Chevy guy. In 1996 Chevy recalled the vacuum actuator in my wife's s10 blazer. Hers failed one week prior. Taking out the front axle. They refused to pay for the axle. Only paid for the actuator. I have purchased 9 new vehicles since. Everyone a mopar.