2015 with Alpine system - adjusting Sub output without using 3 band EQ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Txgrizzly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
hello,
was wondering if there is a way to adjust the Sub output without using or in conjunction with the 3 band EQ built into the radio? i don't want to lower the mid range and lower mid range going to the door speakers i just want to be able to adjust the sub levels.... is there something i am missing in the radio or is the 3 band EQ the only adjustments we have?

Milt IV

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I haven't found a way to adjust just the sub. I've only seen the 3 band eq thus far. I found the sub under the seat but not the amp lol.

OP
OP
T

Txgrizzly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
does anyone know if the alpine system has a standalone amp and are the channels adjustable?

John94z

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Yes the alpine has a dedicated amp for the sub and a 12 channel for the speakers. They have no adjustable gains

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Txgrizzly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
has anyone ever installed a variable gain control for the
Sub on the Alpine 8.4an radio? i would really like to be able to adjust the sub output without reducing the mid level bass going to the door speakers. :favorites13:

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The sub amp has to be built with a gain control on it and, unfortunately, that amp doesn't have one.