2016 6.4Hemi 4wd shift in progress while driving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aaron Downs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My Ram keeps telling me it’s shifting into 4wd while I’m cruising to and from work. Slight bumps and or swells in the road make the message show. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
A

Aaron Downs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
floor shifter or electronic?

Floor shifter. It’s an intermittent message, sometimes showing for 1 second and other times showing for as many as 30 seconds. Only once have I felt the transfer case attempt to engage.

monteholic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
the shifter linkage might need to be adjusted, I notice on mine that the shifter moves a lot, the engine/trans mounts must be pretty soft on these trucks

OP
OP
A

Aaron Downs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
the shifter linkage might need to be adjusted, I notice on mine that the shifter moves a lot, the engine/trans mounts must be pretty soft on these trucks

I’ve taken it to the dealer, Marlow Motors in Front Royal Va, and they have no idea. I’ll check the linkage myself. Thanks.

Bear Guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have electronic shift and my truck shift into 4wd low usually while backing , It has happened while driving foreward the low 4wd light flashes and I have to stop and switch the switch a bunch back and forth to get it into 2wd. anyone have any ideas I have taken my truck to a independent shop but they had no idea does anyone have any ideas PLEASE HELP !

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txram956