2016 Crew Cab Sport 2WD, lower rear?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rob_s

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I had thought that I'd level the truck by putting spacers in the front, but now I'm leaning towards lowering the rear instead (it is a 2WD, so it's not like it's some offroad machine anyway). Raising the front I wasn't too concerned with keeping it level when the bed is loaded, but when lowering the rear I kind of am. Can I air bag the rear to keep it level under load? Are there kits available that will auto-sense and auto-inflate the bags to keep it level under load? if so, can you link to one or give me an idea of make/model and cost?

What about tires? stock size will still be good to go, I assume? Any recommendations on a specific tire?

Finally, if you have any pictures of your 2WD sport crew cab with the rear lowered to level the truck, I'd love to see it.

Storm Trooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
the MG 2 inch rear drop lowered my 2016 Sport Crewcab by 1.75 inches. the rear is slightly higher than the front now.
No airbags required and I tow a 4000 lb boat with it.
It is also level, no change in ride quality.
I sound like a commercial.