2016 Crew non alpine, where to tap the rear Speakers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
If youre using the LC2i it will not need a remote + , it sees voltage on the speaker level inputs and turns on, then it has a remote out that you run to the amp to power it on.
This...my amp has the speaker level input built in so all I had to do was tap the two door wires, run fused power, and ground it.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

88ROOK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Im running the fosgate DSR1, so its a little different

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Im running the fosgate DSR1, so its a little different
I'm thinking since you can use both high or low level input you may not need a remote connection. I could be wrong maybe someone else can chime in.

88ROOK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
yes it needs a remote connection to the dsr1(also an out remote which i believe will goto the amps), thats why i was asking where an easy spot to connect would be. Im think the dsr1 is going to be close to the head unit and not back by the amps. If the company wouldnt have screwed up my order on RCA connectors id have it installed now , im trying to make it clean as possible and didnt want to cut the RCAs on the DSR1 so I'm going to make RCA connectors out of the head unit speaker wires

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
DSR1
Four Channel High Level Inputs with Signal Sense Turn On....
no remote turn on needed. its senses signal in the high level inputs.
That's what I was thinking. I only did this once myself though and did a memory dump after I completed the project.

The DSR1 should turn on with speaker you tap into without the remote.

addisonm06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
just out of personal curiosity, how high does the level of input from the speaker need to be to trigger the remote turn on on the DSR1?
Curious if a lower speaker volume could cause the DSR1 to not turn the remote on.

OP
OP
ChrisM101

ChrisM101

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Should work at any level producing audible sound. But you may have a switch or such to enable it first.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Should work at any level producing audible sound. But you may have a switch or such to enable it first.
This...i had to flip s dip switch to enable it on my amp (switch from low level to high level input).

OP
OP
ChrisM101

ChrisM101

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Interesting! Good Luck on the install, let us know how it goes!

Thanks I'm about 95% done with the amp/ sub install. Just tapped a ground and installed the ground distribution block and power distribution block. I should be done right now but there's softball practice for each daughter basically 4 nights a week.

And I'm over thinking most of it. I was a USAC competitor in the late 90s. So I'm all thinking about perfect wire lengths and plexiglass mounts and stuff when I just need to hook it up and throw it in there because it'll be under the back seat and no one's gonna care about security screws or aesthetics. It just needs to function.

OP
OP
ChrisM101

ChrisM101

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well I finished it up last night. Much to the disdain of my neighbors and wife. I didn't realize it was 10pm but when I powered it up it fired right up. The gain was set pretty high so of course it's pounding away and I'm trying to turn down the crossover and such. The wife comes out telling me to turn it down and I see the neighbors lights come on and garage open.

So I just shut it all off and went on in.

Driving in to work today I could pretty much identify the panels that need dynamat. The worst vibration is the overhead console.

Today if I get time I'll clean up my wire paths and maybe put some dynamat. Definitely needs a bit more tuning.

I'll probably go ahead and order and do the door speakers. It's way too easy for the subs to overpower the mids unless you set the bass to minimum.

addisonm06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Awesome! glad it all worked out! My wife hates the subwoofer; she says its way to much and im too old (30) for one. I made her happy by installing the button so i or she can easily turn the amp on/off :)

OP
OP
ChrisM101

ChrisM101

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Awesome! glad it all worked out! My wife hates the subwoofer; she says its way to much and im too old (30) for one. I made her happy by installing the button so i or she can easily turn the amp on/off :)
Yeah I'm 40 but have a 31 yo wife and she's like wtf do you think you need it that loud.

I'll just fade it to the front when she wants to drive it. But had I mounted the lc2i up front I'd have probably did something similar with a button/ switch.

appzattak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So I've replaced all door speakers and the 2 dash speakers in my 2017 Express CC non alpine, non 8.4. I have an LC7i, and am getting a 4 channel fosgate amp to power them all. If I tap into the speakers on both the driver and passenger side middle B pillar, will that then allow all speakers to be powered by the amp? Or do I need to tap all six speakers?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah I'm 40 but have a 31 yo wife and she's like wtf do you think you need it that loud.

I'll just fade it to the front when she wants to drive it. But had I mounted the lc2i up front I'd have probably did something similar with a button/ switch.

Agreed on the "you did something right" statement. :)

With the lc2i, the optional remote comes with a 20' cable that you could easily run underneath the carpet along the center console. Then it's a simple knob turn for her to lower the bass in case you forget to fade it before she uses the truck.
http://www.audiocontrol.com/car-audio/accessories/acr-1/

OP
OP
ChrisM101

ChrisM101

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Agreed on the "you did something right" statement. :)

With the lc2i, the optional remote comes with a 20' cable that you could easily run underneath the carpet along the center console. Then it's a simple knob turn for her to lower the bass in case you forget to fade it before she uses the truck.
http://www.audiocontrol.com/car-audio/accessories/acr-1/

Thanks I'll be getting one of these.
I'll try and have it here when my front door speakers arrive. It is good enough now. Yes. Is it really ever good enough.. never.

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I've replaced all door speakers and the 2 dash speakers in my 2017 Express CC non alpine, non 8.4. I have an LC7i, and am getting a 4 channel fosgate amp to power them all. If I tap into the speakers on both the driver and passenger side middle B pillar, will that then allow all speakers to be powered by the amp? Or do I need to tap all six speakers?

Shat kind of door and dash speakers did you install?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro