2016 Crew non alpine, where to tap the rear Speakers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks I'll be getting one of these.
I'll try and have it here when my front door speakers arrive. It is good enough now. Yes. Is it really ever good enough.. never.

Glad to see you are getting everything working. Which door speakers did you choose?

appzattak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Can anyone confirm where to tap the front speakers?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
ChrisM101

ChrisM101

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Can anyone confirm where to tap the front speakers?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

for what youre doing, i believe youd want to just tap front and rear at the radio.
That way youd have front/rear fading.

OP
OP
ChrisM101

ChrisM101

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey, thanks for the info. Regarding the AC-LGD, I think those are only if you have a factory amp, which I don't. Do you know that to be the case?

I'm not 100% but some factory head units won't output signal if they don't sense a load from a speaker. I've seen that the people even without the amp had problems here. This is the fix.

I didn't have to because I just tapped the rear for sub and let the fronts be powered by the radio as is. Should u want to fade front to rear and amp the speakers you'd tap front and back inputs and use these.

Steve Marin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm not 100% but some factory head units won't output signal if they don't sense a load from a speaker. I've seen that the people even without the amp had problems here. This is the fix.

I didn't have to because I just tapped the rear for sub and let the fronts be powered by the radio as is. Should u want to fade front to rear and amp the speakers you'd tap front and back inputs and use these.

So I went ahead and bought the AC-LGD's just in case I needed them for my project. I just got off the phone with AudioControl and they told me for Jeep/Dodge/Ram/Chrysler these will not work. Out head units are looking for something else. They recommended that I get Resistors on each pair of speakers. 37-50 ohms, 5-10 watts capacity.

Off to the stereo shop to see if they have these.

OP
OP
ChrisM101

ChrisM101

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I went ahead and bought the AC-LGD's just in case I needed them for my project. I just got off the phone with AudioControl and they told me for Jeep/Dodge/Ram/Chrysler these will not work. Out head units are looking for something else. They recommended that I get Resistors on each pair of speakers. 37-50 ohms, 5-10 watts capacity.

Off to the stereo shop to see if they have these.
Did u by chance try them ?

88ROOK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
just buy a Fosgate DSR1, in the end you'll be happy you did. Trust me