2017 Big Horn with phantom heated seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

miksweet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2017 Big Horn. It does not have the heated seat and steering wheel option. There is no switch for the heated seats either on the dash or on the touch screen (and I have gone through all the menus). Randomly the seats will heat up. When they do, the icon on the touch screen will light up. Fortunately it only seems to happen when it is chilly out. Not always when it is chilly, just every now and then. It does not appear to come on at any particular temperature. Any ideas?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
You don't have these buttons (see pic, circled)?
Trucks with the heated seats/steering wheel can set them to come on automatically when remote starting or on every start when the outside temperature is below 40°F (4°C). 1d37141742b52ca2dac21544268a584a.jpg

OP
OP
M

miksweet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No I don't have those switches. There are also no "soft" controls in the touch screen menus. If you look at the picture you can see the icon for the heated seats in the upper right hand corner next to the number 37.
console.jpg

CrispyBacon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Go look around in the settings. Is there an option for driver comfort or something? Automatic heated seats under 5 degree Celsius?

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Can you take a picture of any modules that may be under the driver’s seat? They would be black plastic boxes.

I’m guessing that you have heated seats installed and they must be partially activated in the BCM so that when it drops below 41 the seat is kicking on. If that’s the case, you can add the button panel and most likely get the dealer to add the code to your truck to get the buttons on the radio. I wonder if they put a heated wheel in it too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

miksweet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here is a picture of the module under the seat. module.jpg

jzales

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No I don't have those switches. There are also no "soft" controls in the touch screen menus. If you look at the picture you can see the icon for the heated seats in the upper right hand corner next to the number 37.
View attachment 116473
What happens when you press the controls button on the bottom of the radio screen? Thats where I can turn my seats on and off.

OP
OP
M

miksweet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There is no control listed for the seats. Apparently the hardware is there but the proper codes are not loaded in the software. There is no rhyme or reason to when they turn on. It can be 40 degrees outside and the seats may turn on and warm up. The next day it is 28 degrees and they don't turn on

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thats pretty cool actually, now you need someone local to activate them so you can control them. I have laramie seats in my bighorn, and I have no control over the comfort settings either but the truck senses them and tells them when its hot or cold what to do on start. I do have the normal buttons and soft touch setup but no comfort control.

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Yea they should be able to at least put the controls on your touch screen for you. My wife’s grand Cherokee only has the controls on the touch screen and no actual buttons on the dash like my truck does.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
My seats get pretty warm, almost to the point of being uncomfortable.. I would not being able to go to the lower setting or turn them off.

sportcoupe

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Rebel Mojave Sand
Engine

Take a picture of your "Controls" page tab at the bottom of the touchscreen.

Fishhaggis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Heated seats is a great addition. Curious if the steering wheel is heated as well. Looks like you got a nice freebie.

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Here is a picture of the module under the seat. View attachment 116677

That’s the comfort seat and wheel module. So you definitely have heated seats. Check with your dealer’s service department and see if the sales codes are available to be added to your VIN. I’d at least pick up the correct button panel so that you can turn them on and off manually. It’s usually about $100. What options do you have on you button panel today?

JRust

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Listen to Mike (deereguy) . He helped me get my Seat upgrade all squared away & working