2018 Ram HD Updates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfs_of_war

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Not just JD. Several contractors have told me not to buy plumbing fixtures, power tools, etc from Home Depot. Many companies make a specific line just for HD in order to meet price point requirements, etc. I can understand why they do it as it's got to be a huge part of their consumer sales. At least until Amazon takes over.

Go to a JD dealer and price out their line of tractors/mowers. It's sobering.
Yup. Really disappointing. If you want the good stuff you gotta look for it. It's a pain. I run all DeWalt cordless tools and the ones you buy in the box stores are just cheap junk- I have to get them through industrial supply stores.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

coobie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 big horn
Engine
5.7 hemi
The new Holland and case editions are available now. John Deere will never be made available as an edition as it's American owned. New Holland and case are owned CNH industries, the chairman of that company is Sergio Marchionne aka FCA. See the relationship?

Disappointed that they didn't drop the 66rfe for a functional transmission. Keep the 5.7 as it was initially designed as a HD motor and get rid of the weak point the transmission.

A key feature they a should have added was the ability to beat an old gm 6.0 pulling trailers up Ike Gauntlet. Still a challenge ram can't seem to meet.....
Still trolling Danno boy.Get some new material the IKE Gauntlet is getting kind of old don,t ya think :flipthebird:

Mr.AK902

Reaction score
Ram Year
17'
Engine
I love my 17' so I'm neither excited or disappointed about any of this. An android auto update for the current 4th gen 8.4s would be some, so would the pinch and zoom AI.

Also, the rotary shifter needs to become optional. I don't care wether they offer a column shifter or console as a substitute, but it NEEDS to be optional. Getting stuck on your garage pad because it senses wheel spin is ridiculous......

spoon059

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Not sure I'd ever buy another JD product again, though. I bought a D110 mower for $2,000 in 2013 and it blew up in 2016. 1/4 acre of lawn 20 times a summer with regular maintenance. JD's attitude was "yea, that happens with those..." **** POOR.
Since we are off-topic... the D series tractors are painted John Deere green, but they aren't real Deere's. They are sold at big box stores to be able to compete against the Troy-Bilts, the Husquvarna's, etc. You can look at all of them, they are all built to the same specifications... a single thin arm at the front of the deck to suspend the mower, a higher HP rated engine, thin mower decks, interchangeable seats, etc. They are massed produced and painted a different color.

A REAL John Deere, X300 and up, can only be bought at a licensed John Deere dealer. They are a little more expensive, but they are dramatically different. They have beefier parts, better designed engines and mower decks, parts that can be replaced, grease points, etc. Look at a $640 Deere D100 series with a single front mount for the mower and chincy belt engagement springs, etc... https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct...aw2WyjIWdwsfQrZ3eOXbSmHt&ust=1511390001766582

Now look at a $800 Deere 300 series with a dual front mount and beefy belt engagement springs...https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct...aw19dTKUDnJPduLWTuiqhWxK&ust=1511390051722286

You can clearly see the decks are drastically different. There are other obvious glaring differences, those are the easiest to see though.

Sorry to take it further off topic OP. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!:crazy:

Last edited:

HS-LD

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
The JD D110 is a big-box grade lawn mower. I agree that 3-4 years is unacceptable life span, but you’ve got to move up to the “X” series mowers to get true JD quality. About $1k more dollars last I checked.

Yea, I know that now, but at the time I bought it direct from a JD dealer, the same one that told me it was basically **** 3 years later... :(

And I know now also that I could have gotten a "real" JD product for $1000 more, but at this point I'm into JD for $2000, and they aint getting anymore of my money because they pulled that crap. They sold garbage with their name on it and didn't stand behind it. It's the not standing behind it that makes me worry about the rest of their stuff.

Danno

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
Still trolling Danno boy.Get some new material the IKE Gauntlet is getting kind of old don,t ya think :flipthebird:

Back to this site I see. Its so funny I dont think it will ever get old. Well as long as your around!!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio