2019 production delays

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've made the same mistake, especially on black trucks. GMC looks like RAM on the front grille of an all black truck if you aren't paying close attention.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

When the Ram broke back in January, I showed the 1st pics to a friend who has a '14 Ram. The first thing he said was it looks like a Chevy.
The side profile, the shape of the way the headlights wraparound on the front fender, and the brow on the Silverado are all Chevy design elements used on the Ram.
The Longhorn and Limited grills are very GMC like. Take out the Ram badge and most would be hard pressed to tell what the truck brand was from 30 feet away.
The DT is a very generic design that doesn't stand out from the competition. Reminds me of how all the Asian and Korean cars blend into each other, even with name badges.

Jus Cruisin

Gearhead
Reaction score
Metro Detroit area after 28 years in Florida
Ram Year
2019 Limited 4X4
Engine
E-torque hemi
I saw one on I-26 coming down from Michigan Sunday. I knew it was a 2019 Ram from a distance. Looks great. Like I said earlier I was sick of the cross hairs and the big goggle headlights. The daytime running lights aren't very distinctive, though.

alwi228

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I mean...It's new. I personally love it, I thought the old one was tired, looked good but lacked behind the competition in features. I think right now it's a lot like meeting someone for the first time that has 5 year old twin boys. Until you spend enough time around them, it will take a awhile for your brain imprint the unique identity when seeing them to tell them apart. I've been watching this truck since January and would see it coming from a mile away. With that being said, I am a car freak....but I still see some bright blue C7's driving down the road and for a second hope im going to see a Viper

SlikNik

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The new 5th gen Ram blows the outgoing design away. The old Ram was so dated and misproportioned it was rediclous.
I think they are trying to please old diehard 4th gens by offering the different headlights.
Imo, the Limited and Longhorn has the best headlights and grill.
The bed and tailights align better this year as well as looking more modern.
There are people that still ***** about C7 Corvettes not having round taillights.
Please! Buy a Jeep Wrangler if you don't embrace change and want the vehicle to look the same year after year.
Things Ram did screw up IMO is the Rebel.
It should have options for higher quality interior like Limited.Not the fake leather and hideous red accents. A 12 inch screen option as well. Also should of had Limited headlights with Blackout grill.

DAVECS1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I would of bought a rebel if I had been able to come close to the option package I got in my limited. Same goes for the Sport. I had to option it out in such a way I could not get the options I wanted and the price was rediculous. At the end of the day I gave a bit in the lookas department to get the amenities I wanted.

SlikNik

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would of bought a rebel if I had been able to come close to the option package I got in my limited. Same goes for the Sport. I had to option it out in such a way I could not get the options I wanted and the price was rediculous. At the end of the day I gave a bit in the lookas department to get the amenities I wanted.

I think you did it right. I too love the Limited and interior is frigging amazing.
Rebel looks so cheap inside.
You can always add small lift, wheels,tires to get a more aggressive stance.
Maybe 2020 they will offer more selections

OP
OP
soapy

soapy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
As a update to this thread the Automotive Dealer News had another article on the slow roll out of the 2019 Ram. Ram was hoping to use both the old platform and the new one selling in conjunction with each other to pass Chevy for number 2 in sales. Last year at this time ram was almost equal to CHevy in sales. So far this year ram is up 4% while Chevy is up 11%. Both E torque versions, the V6 and the V8 have still not yet been EPA certified so that is why they are not in production yet. V6 sales account for 20% of ram sales. If they can get these engines certified maybe they can catch Chevy but not looking probable at this time.

Mercury250

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L E torque
As a update to this thread the Automotive Dealer News had another article on the slow roll out of the 2019 Ram. Ram was hoping to use both the old platform and the new one selling in conjunction with each other to pass Chevy for number 2 in sales. Last year at this time ram was almost equal to CHevy in sales. So far this year ram is up 4% while Chevy is up 11%. Both E torque versions, the V6 and the V8 have still not yet been EPA certified so that is why they are not in production yet. V6 sales account for 20% of ram sales. If they can get these engines certified maybe they can catch Chevy but not looking probable at this time.
I believe this report is only partially accurate. EPA hasn't certified the e torque engines however, the 5.7L e torques are now being produced.

Jus Cruisin

Gearhead
Reaction score
Metro Detroit area after 28 years in Florida
Ram Year
2019 Limited 4X4
Engine
E-torque hemi
^^^^ I was going to question that report as my E-torque order has gone D1 with an apparent build next week..... We'll see what next week brings.

I don't think FCA is going to produce trucks they can't immediately sell.

cuminslvr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Diesel
I bought the only 2018 1500 laramie ecodiesel in the area. It was optioned with all the goodies, and it had the smaller diesel. Always bought 2500's with the cummins i-6. I love it, rides great and imo it looks very masculine and imposing.