2019 RAM 1500 Laramie with issues from the start (long read)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alwi228

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not saying they are. But I have bought new an Audi A4, Nissan Titan, Chevy Tahoe and Ford F-150. NONE of them had squealing brakes from the dealership. Chevy had electronic gremlins with the Nav system (2009). Nissan NEVER had any issues in 70k miles (2005), Audi never had issues (2013) and the F150 had a slip yoke issue at the rear end and a sunroof that decided to self destruct both easily covered under warranty (2013). I have expectations that go along with the $66K price tag of the Ram limited that I ordered.

For what it's worth....not a peep out of my brakes. But my MSRP was only 64k

iLLeStEyECoN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
While new vehicle issues are frustrating its good to get them documented to help future customers. I'm very interested in the 2019 RAM when I replace my '15 Charger later this Summer, but may pick up an '18 if these issues continue to surface. I'm old-school and believe reliability and dependability are more the drive-train and as long as the vehicle always takes me from point A to B its doing its job, but the leaking issues and brake issues are inexcusable. That's shoddy QC and should be the last complaint we're hearing. Any issues with the infotainment should be easy software updates. Every brand is suffering from those, except Toyota/Lexus because they never change that ****. My buddy's new GMC Sierra radio freezes all the time. Hell, I might just stick with my '06 Silverado, that thing's bulletproof

The 18s are not exempt from their share of issues, including water leaks.

When you pay 40-60K for a new vehicle, pulling of wheels and screwing with brake pads in NOT something that is acceptable. Make the dealer work! Go buy a $60k Acura/Lexus/Audi/MB and tell me about the brakes. Heck no. If this was acceptable, every stop light in traffic would be horrible as everybody's car would be screaming.

I have plenty of friends who are MB techs from my days as a Chrysler tech and they have the same issues as Dodge vehicles. Actually, when I was a tech, an overwhelming percentage of the issues I worked on stemmed from the Daimler parts installed in Dodge vehicles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jus Cruisin

Gearhead
Reaction score
Metro Detroit area after 28 years in Florida
Ram Year
2019 Limited 4X4
Engine
E-torque hemi
The price of a vehicle has no correlation to whether brakes squeal or not. Noisy brakes are a common complaint on Corvettes (I've owned a few). This one I got the carbon ceramic rotors. No noise and no brake dust. I will change pads on the ram(whenever I get it) if I get brake noise. It's not worth the time to go back to the dealer for the issue because they have to use factory parts.

warv3t

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The 18s are not exempt from their share of issues, including water leaks.

I have plenty of friends who are MB techs from my days as a Chrysler tech and they have the same issues as Dodge vehicles. Actually, when I was a tech, an overwhelming percentage of the issues I worked on stemmed from the Daimler parts installed in Dodge vehicles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amen!!!!! I'm witness to that as I've been a MB/BMW guy for a long time. And as someone else said, the price doesn't matter. It sucks.....regardless of price. I bought my daughter a new 16 Civic when she graduated ....it was only $19K and I wouldn't want squeaky brakes on it no more than any MB/BMW I ever bought.

OP
OP
S

Sergio

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Did the OP report back.............what's the status?

Truck is currently at the dealer and they've opened a star case with my issues. I haven't heard anything in about 2 days so hopefully they will get it right. I took it to a different dealership and they treated me with a lot more respect so at least I'm happy about that.

OP
OP
S

Sergio

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Quick update,

I got a call this morning to pick up the vehicle since it was ready to be picked up. Once I was there, the assistant manager of this second dealership told me that they had found a glitch in the system and that one of the modules was having a problem. They had replaced the module which I was happy about but the next part is what really got to me. The manager said that the issue with the brakes was because of that system failure and because the software was glitching. I told the manager that a software glitch or problem should have nothing to do with the brakes making noise and he said that when I press the brakes, the system already "detects" a problem so that's why it's making the brakes sounds. I didn't want to argue with him so I released the vehicle and called my Star case manager.

On the way to my job after picking up the vehicle, I was on the phone with my case manager and the brakes started squeeling again with her on the phone. I had told her that it started doing the same thing and what the assistant manager had told me and told her I was extremely unsatisfied with my vehicle. She told me that she was going to call the manager from that dealership and if I can drop the vehicle off again tomorrow morning which I said yes. I also told her this was going to be the last time that I'm dropping off the vehicle for any repairs.

I think my best bet now is to try and Lemon it and see where it goes from there. Hopefully they accept the case as I'm not happy with the customer service I've had over the time that I've had this vehicle.

768mph

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Quick update,

I got a call this morning to pick up the vehicle since it was ready to be picked up. Once I was there, the assistant manager of this second dealership told me that they had found a glitch in the system and that one of the modules was having a problem. They had replaced the module which I was happy about but the next part is what really got to me. The manager said that the issue with the brakes was because of that system failure and because the software was glitching. I told the manager that a software glitch or problem should have nothing to do with the brakes making noise and he said that when I press the brakes, the system already "detects" a problem so that's why it's making the brakes sounds. I didn't want to argue with him so I released the vehicle and called my Star case manager.

On the way to my job after picking up the vehicle, I was on the phone with my case manager and the brakes started squeeling again with her on the phone. I had told her that it started doing the same thing and what the assistant manager had told me and told her I was extremely unsatisfied with my vehicle. She told me that she was going to call the manager from that dealership and if I can drop the vehicle off again tomorrow morning which I said yes. I also told her this was going to be the last time that I'm dropping off the vehicle for any repairs.

I think my best bet now is to try and Lemon it and see where it goes from there. Hopefully they accept the case as I'm not happy with the customer service I've had over the time that I've had this vehicle.

Good luck bud. I’ve been through this before and had my vehicle bought back within 90 days.
Reach out if you need a hand.

Sent from my iPhone 7+

Last edited:

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
So what happens to said vehicle if it is returned under lemon law? Does title get changed or does dealer just take it back and sell to somebody else? I’ve obviously never had a Lemon

768mph

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So what happens to said vehicle if it is returned under lemon law? Does title get changed or does dealer just take it back and sell to somebody else? I’ve obviously never had a Lemon

By federal law it has be be repaired, BY THE manufacturer-not the dealer, before it can be sold. If not, the vin will be marked and auctioned. Either way the vin is marked at manufacture buyback.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

Sergio

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Alright so this might be the most newbie and ridiculous question so pardon me in advance but can anyone tell me what’s the manufactures address? I just filled out that lemon booklet that we get with our papers and it says to mail in the white copy to the manufacture and we keep the yellow copy for our records. Would we mail the white copy to this address below? Or is that not the manufacturer?

Please any help will be greatly appreciated. I live in Florida so I know the pink copy will have to be mailed to the Florida general attorney which is optional but not sure where to send the white copy to!!

FCA US LLC Customer Care
P.O. Box 21-8004
Auburn Hills MI 48321-8004

768mph

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Alright so this might be the most newbie and ridiculous question so pardon me in advance but can anyone tell me what’s the manufactures address? I just filled out that lemon booklet that we get with our papers and it says to mail in the white copy to the manufacture and we keep the yellow copy for our records. Would we mail the white copy to this address below? Or is that not the manufacturer?

Please any help will be greatly appreciated. I live in Florida so I know the pink copy will have to be mailed to the Florida general attorney which is optional but not sure where to send the white copy to!!

FCA US LLC Customer Care
P.O. Box 21-8004
Auburn Hills MI 48321-8004

If that’s the address on the booklet. That would be it brother.

Also visit www.mopar.com/en-us/lemon-law.html

Sent from my iPhone 7+

OP
OP
S

Sergio

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
If that’s the address on the booklet. That would be it brother.

Also visit www.mopar.com/en-us/lemon-law.html

Sent from my iPhone 7+

My booklet doesn't have an address at all. The only address it has is the address to the general attorney for the state I live in which is Florida. It says the white copy should be sent to the manufacture (not a dealership) but all the numbers I've called have been a no go lol. Even FCA costumer care told me that they don't have an address or any information on where to send the copy to.

Kevin C

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My booklet doesn't have an address at all. The only address it has is the address to the general attorney for the state I live in which is Florida. It says the white copy should be sent to the manufacture (not a dealership) but all the numbers I've called have been a no go lol. Even FCA costumer care told me that they don't have an address or any information on where to send the copy to.
I wonder if the original purchase contract you signed includes an address to send stuff like this to?

OP
OP
S

Sergio

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I finally got the freakin address lol. Now to submit this and see what happens.

Since this is my first time doing this, how would you guys submit this? Either I'm submitting for prepurchase, reimbursement (for any repairs that were paid by me which hasn't happened), replacement or repair.

If I choose replacement, Will they give me the same exact truck I have now with the same options and same exterior color? Also, would I get to choose another truck with another added option or two? If I get a replacement, would I still be paying the same?

Sorry for all the ridiculous questions, Just haven't done this at all before

Jus Cruisin

Gearhead
Reaction score
Metro Detroit area after 28 years in Florida
Ram Year
2019 Limited 4X4
Engine
E-torque hemi
A while ago you'd get a check for what you paid less depreciation which was a mileage deduction and they'd say sayonara.

If you rolled negative equity of a trade into a loan, you have to come up with the negative equity to complete the buyout.

Dominacb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I finally got the freakin address lol. Now to submit this and see what happens.

Since this is my first time doing this, how would you guys submit this? Either I'm submitting for prepurchase, reimbursement (for any repairs that were paid by me which hasn't happened), replacement or repair.

If I choose replacement, Will they give me the same exact truck I have now with the same options and same exterior color? Also, would I get to choose another truck with another added option or two? If I get a replacement, would I still be paying the same?

Sorry for all the ridiculous questions, Just haven't done this at all before
I would contact an attorney (they are free for lemon law cases) I used lemonlaw.com for my charger and while my case didn't classify as a lemon, got 7k for a breach of warranty, and dodge paid the attorney fees. I'm not a big proponent of using attorneys for everything, but when push comes to shove, dodge will sometimes play the game of "well.... the first time was a squeak and the second time was a squeal which is a different issue than the first." Ect. Lemonlaw.com also doesn't charge you if they lose the case, and if they win ram pays them and it doesn't come from your payout" But up to you.