2019 RAM 1500 Laramie with issues from the start (long read)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Elias Gzz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
2019 Ram Longhorn

1.- A/C Dont work sometimes

2.- Squeeze sound from breaks

3.- whistle sound from the windshield

4.- 12' Inch Screen Freeze, sometime did not turn on

5.- Cracking sound on the road

6.- Turn off randomly

7.- Different Miles on the odometer and the Nav Info

8.- Backup Camera sometime didn't work

9.- A/C turn of when you stop

Maybe i have a lemon!!!!!!!!!

DizzyD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I took delivery of a 2019 1500 Laramie May 5th. Since that Saturday, the ram has been at the dealer about 5 times for different things. This is my very first truck ever and I'm not sure what to do. I love the truck but honestly I feel like I've got myself a headache because I feel like they rushed the production and didn't really check to see any of any issues. It also doesn't help that from all my dealer visits, no one at the dealer knows what to do so they return the vehicle to me by saying they're not really sure what to tell me. I've spoken to the floor manager at service and I get basically the same reply. The truck is currently at the dealer again and I already contacted Chrysler explaining my concerns to see what they can realistically do. Here are the things that has happened thus far and please feel free to let me know if these issues have happened to you before.

1. Monday, May 7th at night the 12" screen completely froze. It got frozen when I was backing up at a parking garage and the image stayed there for the rest of the night. When I woke up Tuesday, it was still frozen even after having the truck turned off all night. Took it to the dealer and they didn't know what might've caused that so they reset the system by disconnecting the battery and off I went home.

2. Wednesday, May 16th I heard the infamous "brake" noise and thought it wasn't me until I drove on a street that I was far from other cars. Took it in at the dealer and explained the noise.... Got a call a few hours later saying that the vehicle was fully inspected and that they couldn't duplicate the noise I was describing. I went to pick the truck up and sure enough, on the way home I heard the noise again and made (2) videos to show them proof. Went right back to the dealer and showed them the video and they said they would have it fixed by the morning. Went back in the morning after they said it was done and it stopped making noise which I was happy for.

3. Tuesday, May 29th I started getting the brakes sounding again and took it straight to the dealer. They gave me the same response as the first time around and they couldn't hear any noises. Was extremely pissed and spoke to their floor manager and said they had fixed it because there was a few gravel pieces stuck in the caliper which is why the noise went away. I demanded to leave the car there and have everything checked so they kept it for (2) days to "fully inspect the brakes". Went to pick up the car again on Thursday and it made noise again on the way home. I was so pissed that I went back and told the manager I didn't want the truck anymore and he suggested resurfacing the rotor and to leave it at the dealer until morning. That was that...

4. Friday, June 1st I picked up the truck since I needed to have it for a trip to Orlando for the weekend and the brakes were finally not sounding. We drove up with no problems or concerns until we got almost to Orlando which is when the brakes starting sounding again. I let it be since I was on vacation and I knew once I came back down, I would yet again take it to the dealer.

5. Monday, June 4th on the way back down from Orlando, my truck gave me a warning on my instrument cluster that read "Active ParkSense unavailable, service required". Took a picture of that and noticed my rear sensors weren't working and said "service" on the instrument cluster. Went straight to the dealer and showed them which they saw in person and told me to leave it there until the morning.

6. Tuesday, June 5th I went in the morning before work to pick up the truck and sure enough the warning light was on but they told me that the technician said I "had it off which is why it wasn't working." On the way back home it did it again and caught it on video through my phone and went right back to the dealer and showed them that a brand new truck shouldn't have this many problems. The truck is still at the dealer so let's see what other problems arise...

IT HAS ONLY BEEN 1 MONTH of owning the ram and this is what I've been dealing with...
2019 RAM 1500 Laramie Blackout Package year to Date defects 1 Collision Warning faults out on 3 occasions while Driving 2 Passenger side deployable running board deploys after being parked for more than 24 hours 3 Hood latch detached from fixed position under steering wheel

bluejean024

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I took delivery of a 2019 1500 Laramie May 5th. Since that Saturday, the ram has been at the dealer about 5 times for different things. This is my very first truck ever and I'm not sure what to do. I love the truck but honestly I feel like I've got myself a headache because I feel like they rushed the production and didn't really check to see any of any issues. It also doesn't help that from all my dealer visits, no one at the dealer knows what to do so they return the vehicle to me by saying they're not really sure what to tell me. I've spoken to the floor manager at service and I get basically the same reply. The truck is currently at the dealer again and I already contacted Chrysler explaining my concerns to see what they can realistically do. Here are the things that has happened thus far and please feel free to let me know if these issues have happened to you before.

1. Monday, May 7th at night the 12" screen completely froze. It got frozen when I was backing up at a parking garage and the image stayed there for the rest of the night. When I woke up Tuesday, it was still frozen even after having the truck turned off all night. Took it to the dealer and they didn't know what might've caused that so they reset the system by disconnecting the battery and off I went home.

2. Wednesday, May 16th I heard the infamous "brake" noise and thought it wasn't me until I drove on a street that I was far from other cars. Took it in at the dealer and explained the noise.... Got a call a few hours later saying that the vehicle was fully inspected and that they couldn't duplicate the noise I was describing. I went to pick the truck up and sure enough, on the way home I heard the noise again and made (2) videos to show them proof. Went right back to the dealer and showed them the video and they said they would have it fixed by the morning. Went back in the morning after they said it was done and it stopped making noise which I was happy for.

3. Tuesday, May 29th I started getting the brakes sounding again and took it straight to the dealer. They gave me the same response as the first time around and they couldn't hear any noises. Was extremely pissed and spoke to their floor manager and said they had fixed it because there was a few gravel pieces stuck in the caliper which is why the noise went away. I demanded to leave the car there and have everything checked so they kept it for (2) days to "fully inspect the brakes". Went to pick up the car again on Thursday and it made noise again on the way home. I was so pissed that I went back and told the manager I didn't want the truck anymore and he suggested resurfacing the rotor and to leave it at the dealer until morning. That was that...

4. Friday, June 1st I picked up the truck since I needed to have it for a trip to Orlando for the weekend and the brakes were finally not sounding. We drove up with no problems or concerns until we got almost to Orlando which is when the brakes starting sounding again. I let it be since I was on vacation and I knew once I came back down, I would yet again take it to the dealer.

5. Monday, June 4th on the way back down from Orlando, my truck gave me a warning on my instrument cluster that read "Active ParkSense unavailable, service required". Took a picture of that and noticed my rear sensors weren't working and said "service" on the instrument cluster. Went straight to the dealer and showed them which they saw in person and told me to leave it there until the morning.

6. Tuesday, June 5th I went in the morning before work to pick up the truck and sure enough the warning light was on but they told me that the technician said I "had it off which is why it wasn't working." On the way back home it did it again and caught it on video through my phone and went right back to the dealer and showed them that a brand new truck shouldn't have this many problems. The truck is still at the dealer so let's see what other problems arise...

IT HAS ONLY BEEN 1 MONTH of owning the ram and this is what I've been dealing with...

bluejean024

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Iv had my 2019 dodge ram truck for 10 months, and have had squealing breaks since the first month I had it. Its been in the shop 4 times, and they said my breaks are fine. Finally I had the manager in Taylor Texas ride with me so he can hear it, and he said yes, that's a problem! They had it for 2 days, and squealing was fine for about 3 weeks! They said they changed the pads. They also said that I need to break them in. Well, finally took it back today for the squealing breaks, and they again told me that the breaks were fine! They said it a issue that the 2019 trucks have and dodge is not sure how to fix the problem! WTH!!! Iv spent 54 thousand for a truck and they cant fix my breaks?!?!?
So now Im taking it to a different dealer and see what they say! Its been a headache dealing with it!

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
mine has been fine. I sometimes hear a little brake squeaking when backing out of my garage but the brakes work great. I have the two recalls to get done but even tho I get emails from the dealer about bringing it in, they say they dont have the parts if I try to schedule the service. I checked the power steering ground cable and I dont adjust the brake pedal so I will just wait a little longer on the recalls till I need an oil change. so far a great truck and fun to drive.

Jus Cruisin

Gearhead
Reaction score
Metro Detroit area after 28 years in Florida
Ram Year
2019 Limited 4X4
Engine
E-torque hemi
The worst item I've found in my truck is the tpms in all the wheels reports pressures about 2-3 psi higher than the actual psi.
Oh yeah, the "lie-o-meter" is doing its job.... Showing higher mpg than actual. Which, I guess, is operating as designed ;)

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
I have checked mine against mile markers many times and the system seems to be dead on for mine. I keep my gas stubs and if I can remember, I write the mileage on em and toss in the console. so far the mpg readout on the truck has been pretty accurate the couple of times I checked.

Daniel Z

Reaction score
Had the same issue with the breaks, went in multiple times with no success. They resurfaced rotors twice, ground pads, etc. Nothing worked. Until I insisted they contact FCA and got FCA on the phone. Then they replaced front pads and calipers (with new part #s). Must have been another issues that the 2019 redesigned and got wrong.

Now, breaks are super quiet. No break-in was needed. Don't let them not fix it! Get FCA on the phone, the dealer will be very responsive afterwards.

nolafishr

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500
Engine
6.7 Cummins Diesel
Sorry to hear of the problems, that is the chance you take with first year production of new vehicles, I hope you get it worked out !

Elkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Problems like this and the lack of response by the dealers and Ram are why I have delayed my purchase of a new 2019 Ram 1500 truck. The Lemon Law in my state does provide recourse with a defective vehicle and if I experienced as many problems as the OP with a new vehicle it would be going back to the dealer.

In general every vehicle has good years and bad years and at least with a used vehicle one can pick a good year and avoid expensive headaches with poorly designed, engineered, or manufactured parts. When you get a very new vehicle like the 2019 Ram 1500 or the 2019 Silverado 1500, a lot is no known as to its shortcomings and defects.

But it is crazy to compare an iPhone or other device that if it fails is not going to result in the death of the users and anyone around them as has happened with automobiles over the years. Too often, as with the Boeing 737 Max aircraft or the Ford Explorer, Ford Crown Vic, Ford Blazer, the desire for maximizing profits wins out over the need to insure safety for their customers. General Motors dragging their feet on replacing the defective Takata airbag inflators on my diesel truck is why I will never buy another one of their pickups.

GrumpyOleMan

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Quite frankly, this is one of the factors that lead to me buying a '19 classic. It is common for vehicles to have some bugs the first year or two and I was pleased to get a brand new 4th Gen. You would think they would engineer the bugs out, but often they don't creep in until in production is in full swing. RAM can be as proactive and customer driven as possible, but it is at the local dealership level that return customers are won or lost. My dealership has been great, but that doesn't mean they all are.