2019 Rebel- a mini power wagon?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAM-pagingMN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hey guys, as im sure most of you have read up on the new 2019 Ram, you probably have seen that the Rebel will get some Power Wagon-ish treatment! it seems by adding the off road package, you can get a Rear Locking Diff, tuned shocks, and a 2 inch lift from factory. also, it looks like the Rebel will get the same exact tire and wheel setup, 33's and all. I feel like this was an genius move on Ram's part to skip competing with the Raptor, but rather offer something close to power wagon without the size. lastly, the towing numbers and payload numbers could match or be better than the PW even though its a 1/2 ton...just some thoughts, sorry for the novel! haha

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
Yes, I noticed all of that too. And agree it is a good move. That truck will be a little beast. I think those wheels are actually the exact ones from the current PW, just 6 lug instead of 8.

I think the new Rebel is one of the better looking of the trims on the new truck. Really digging those heat extractors on the hood.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think the air suspension is where the 2" lift is from?

Now available in Quad Cab® and Crew Cab models, the Ram Rebel® is equipped with off-road features like an available Class-Exclusive Active-Level™ Four Corner Air Suspension with as much as 2 inches of lift for extra ground clearance, new 33-inch Goodyear® Wrangler DuraTrac® tires and a new ELocker® Electronic Locking Rear Differential for even more off-road performance.

Wheels are similar but the PW has 17's and the Rebels are 18's according to the brochure

E-locker sounds awesome, wonder if that will be a stand alone option or thrown in with a package.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

RAM-pagingMN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
if you think about it, the 2019 Rebel would have a better payload and towing then an 18 power wagon. Realistically, the PW is way less squirrely than a 1500.

Helipilot2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L
Anyone else wondering if they will offer the Rebel with the Ecodiesel this time around?

Blotterhead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't see how a Laramie with the offroad package is any less offroad worthy besides the approach and departure angles. If you can live with the interior, or like it, go for it. But I think it's worth noting that the locker and underbody protection come on all trims. The interior turned me off the Rebel.

Blotterhead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
In fact, the offroad Mopar 1500 they used to showcase their 200 new Mopar products used a Bighorn.

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
It has many of the same features as the PW, but the PW will still likely be more capable as its size allows for much more wheel travel, especially with the articulink front suspension. I haven’t really been following the new 19 half ton, is it IFS or solid?

Blotterhead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It has many of the same features as the PW, but the PW will still likely be more capable as its size allows for much more wheel travel, especially with the articulink front suspension. I haven’t really been following the new 19 half ton, is it IFS or solid?

IFS

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
As long as the off road packaged 1500’s come with the worthy T-case, then I think the majority of the Rebel’s advantage will just be in the angles. I think the new 1500 off road package looks pretty legit, but I bet you will pay for it. But it’s good Ram will have a proper off road package available for all 1500’s since it looks like Chevy is doing the same thing. Just wish they’d release pricing already, I’m very curious.

FAAPOD

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Longhorn
Engine
Hemi
I
I think the air suspension is where the 2" lift is from?

Wheels are similar but the PW has 17's and the Rebels are 18's according to the brochure

E-locker sounds awesome, wonder if that will be a stand alone option or thrown in with a package.

I just placed an order for a Limited and was able to include the e-locker as stand-alone. You don’t have to get the off-road package. It’s only available with a 3.92 gear ratio.

Reactions: JB1

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
I was kinda hoping for a recessed winch, PW style. I guess I should stop being lazy and just do mine...lol

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
lastly, the towing numbers and payload numbers could match or be better than the PW even though its a 1/2 ton...just some thoughts, sorry for the novel! haha

Never, in addition the PW includes HD front/rear suspension, 6 speed tranny, front/rear tru-lock difs, 4.10 gears, 6.4L hemi, and most importantly a 6k lb towing capable solid front axle.

Last edited:

Rambutz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
if you think about it, the 2019 Rebel would have a better payload and towing then an 18 power wagon. Realistically, the PW is way less squirrely than a 1500.

i notice that to i guess it must be the tires?o_Oo_O

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
hey guys, as im sure most of you have read up on the new 2019 Ram, you probably have seen that the Rebel will get some Power Wagon-ish treatment! it seems by adding the off road package, you can get a Rear Locking Diff, tuned shocks, and a 2 inch lift from factory. also, it looks like the Rebel will get the same exact tire and wheel setup, 33's and all. I feel like this was an genius move on Ram's part to skip competing with the Raptor, but rather offer something close to power wagon without the size. lastly, the towing numbers and payload numbers could match or be better than the PW even though its a 1/2 ton...just some thoughts, sorry for the novel! haha

The rebel is just a “ Offroad truck” to compete with say the ford fx4 or chevys new Offroad truck. Just a good capable off road truck.

The TRX Rebel is what will compete with the Raptor, or better yet tar and feather that chicken.

OP
OP
R

RAM-pagingMN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HD suspension? it has softer coils, but a HD frame. i believe the PW is overkill for most of us, but the fact your driving a Power Wagon is F'ing awesome!

MedicWill

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
So a few weekends ago I went out to Rowher Flats while it was raining and just happened to start the trail behind 4 brand new 2019 Ram Rebel 4x4's, from the dealer no plates, brand new.

When they got stuck and couldn't pass the route I drove by in asked if they needed help ;) EASILY. The wagon was barely even breathing.

They are not even in the same class. They call the Power Wagon the most capable factory offload truck you can buy for a reason ;)