2019 Refund for Tow group Surround Camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oe542bob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi eTorque 5.7
So as I see it, you didn’t get something. But we’re charged, ok. But if you wanted the surround view camera, now you’re SOL

oe542bob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi eTorque 5.7
Never wanted, just was at dealership and liked truck and bought it, I'm not SOL...I'm $395 richer
Ok. Good deal for sure. Kinda thought it was an order that you made for the truck. Been reading other posts about guys not knowing that the tow mirrors deleted the surround view option.
Honestly think it’s odd why those mirrors cannot have the cameras and that they don’t power fold on the 5th gen 1500.

OP
OP
whodeysrt

whodeysrt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
According to the rep I called on the letter, he told me that this truck and a lot of the first ones shipped out did not get the camera surround. I asked him so if I ordered a new truck with the tow mirrors can I get the surround camera? He stumbled a little bit and said that was not why I got the letter. I got the letter because they prepared the invoice and sticker wrong. I told him about all the scuttle butt on our forums and he would not confirm either way if this is an option with the tow mirrors. I didn't press him but found it odd he didn't want to pony up..... no worries as I even don't use back up camera...to old school just can't trust it.... send me my check....

iLLeStEyECoN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
My only concern is that if you financed the truck, you really didn’t just lose $395.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Never wanted, just was at dealership and liked truck and bought it, I'm not SOL...I'm $395 richer

If you financed the truck then that price is still being charged and your paying the interest rate for it being in the financial paperwork. So having the refund check and then paying the interest rate doesn’t that really cancel each other out??
Things like this have happened to me in the past but still paid interest on it. Confusing...
I’m not a rich person so buying out right ain’t really an option for me.
I agree with post #7 too

I Love My 2018 RAM 2500HD 4x4 Off Road. 6.4L. USMC (ret)

BTD07

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If I have this right, if you financed the truck and then get this letter, the check should go to the bank who holds the lien

OP
OP
whodeysrt

whodeysrt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you financed the truck then that price is still being charged and your paying the interest rate for it being in the financial paperwork. So having the refund check and then paying the interest rate doesn’t that really cancel each other out??
Things like this have happened to me in the past but still paid interest on it. Confusing...
I’m not a rich person so buying out right ain’t really an option for me.
I agree with post #7 too

Who said anything about finance?... bought a truck, paid for truck, got a letter, getting a refund.... just posted the info for all to see about refunding of overcharge for surround camera.

iLLeStEyECoN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Who said anything about finance?... bought a truck, paid for truck, got a letter, getting a refund.... just posted the info for all to see about refunding of overcharge for surround camera.

You aren’t the only person to have had this issue. I was speaking in a general sense. We have many members here [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

David W Freye

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My father in Law thought he was getting the Surround View because it was on the sticker, was actually excited to have it for
towing, etc.. and after a month of trying to figure out how to use the damn thing, found it it wasn't installed. I found the
info here on it and contacted Darlene from RamCares who started the case to get something done to fix the situation.
She was helpful and on top of it. So my father in law got a call yesterday about the 395.00 reimbursement.
Honestly he's pissed.
He doesn't want the money, he wants what was on the sticker and would like for Ram to make this right.
In our opinion, the 395 is hush money. It feels as if, if he were to cash the check, he gives up any
and all further stakes for Ram to make this right. He doesnt care if they have to swap his mirrors, install in the cameras and
flash the Uconnect.
He traded in a perfect 2015 Ram 1500 with only 33000 miles on it because this new truck is amazing.
He only wants what he purchased and my next contact will be to the news outlets or anyone else who listen
until some awareness is made and Ram starts to really make this right instead of a 395.00 hush check.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L

The key word I used was “IF”.
IF it was financed...

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
My father in Law thought he was getting the Surround View because it was on the sticker, was actually excited to have it for
towing, etc.. and after a month of trying to figure out how to use the damn thing, found it it wasn't installed. I found the
info here on it and contacted Darlene from RamCares who started the case to get something done to fix the situation.
She was helpful and on top of it. So my father in law got a call yesterday about the 395.00 reimbursement.
Honestly he's pissed.
He doesn't want the money, he wants what was on the sticker and would like for Ram to make this right.
In our opinion, the 395 is hush money. It feels as if, if he were to cash the check, he gives up any
and all further stakes for Ram to make this right. He doesnt care if they have to swap his mirrors, install in the cameras and
flash the Uconnect.
He traded in a perfect 2015 Ram 1500 with only 33000 miles on it because this new truck is amazing.
He only wants what he purchased and my next contact will be to the news outlets or anyone else who listen
until some awareness is made and Ram starts to really make this right instead of a 395.00 hush check.
So they WILL NOT install the Surround View on his truck ? Only offer the check ? That would **** me off as well if I really wanted the Surround View ! They should offer the check or install the Surround View!

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
The key word I used was “IF”.
IF it was financed...

I read it right. I saw “if” :boxing: Did you just assume he financed his truck. How dare you!:Big Laugh:

Loansinpa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone looked into the ability to switch out the mirrors (tow for regular)? Same harness?

Looking to pick up a new truck and most that I find have the tow mirrors on them - that I don’t want...and don’t want to order one if I don’t need to.

yillbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So they WILL NOT install the Surround View on his truck ? Only offer the check ? That would **** me off as well if I really wanted the Surround View ! They should offer the check or install the Surround View!

Maybe if that were you, you'd validate you're getting what you paid for. If you're trusting a piece of paper and handing out 50k plus worth of greenbacks without verifying a piece of paper, then you would be a very, very ignorant person.

firecadet613

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone looked into the ability to switch out the mirrors (tow for regular)? Same harness?

Looking to pick up a new truck and most that I find have the tow mirrors on them - that I don’t want...and don’t want to order one if I don’t need to.

I didn't look into it further, once I found out the non tow mirrors are about $500/side!

Loansinpa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I didn't look into it further, once I found out the non tow mirrors are about $500/side!

Me too. I gave up but found one that I liked that has the 'basic' mirrors (with cameras). For many, the tow mirrors are a step back but yet there's an upcharge.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wonder if you could get the cameras from the reg mirrors and install in the tow mirrors and then have the truck flashed. I would imagine plugs/wiring is there.