2500 Ball Joints

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WS07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I watched a bunch of videos and read the Haynes to make sure I have a smooth ball joint job. I could write quite a bit on all the things that happened that were unexpected but not right now. From what I research the lower ball joint gets pressed downward towards the ground to come out. I took the clip off and noticed that the last 1/8 inch of the ball joint looks to be wider than the part that goes in the housing. For the life of me I can't see how this is going to press out downward. Are there any models that press out upward? At a loss as I don't want to break the housing as it does not look fun or cheap to replace. The top ball joint came out by pushing upward. It took a 3 foot breaker to get it to move. Any suggestions on the bottom would be appreciated. I ended up putting a bigger cup on the bottom but that still did not help. The pic shows the last 1/8 inch of the lip that looks to be wider than the body of the rest of the joint.

0403182045_HDR.jpg

OP
OP
W

WS07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok as soon as I post of course I think I figured it out. The top 1/8 looks wider because the area below it is recessed for the clip. Pic is of oem new Nall joint What confused me was the Moog don't have such a pronounced indentation..

Screenshot_2018-04-03-22-51-04.png

0403182045a_HDR.jpg