2500 Muffler Removal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kiloRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Has anyone removed the muffler from their 2500 themselves? What is the trick. Got the mounts off, hardware loose, but it is not budging. Don't really want to pull the tailpipe off, but guess I'm have to. GRRRRR...

Any tips would be appreciated. Thx.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
yessir. loosen the clamp on the rear of the muffler only then get behind the truck and pull on the tail pipe. you will need to pull hard and a bunch of times but the tail section will eventually slide out of the back of the muffler. then loosen the clamp at the front of the muffler and you can slide it off. some soapy water on the rubber muffler hangers will help let the hangers slide out easier.

OP
OP
K

kiloRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Do you recall if I need to remove the rubber hanger from the resonator/tailpipe?

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do you recall if I need to remove the rubber hanger from the resonator/tailpipe?

I did not have to on the few I did. you do have to get it so it is damn near out of them but it doesnt need to come out all the way

walnuts4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 express crew
Engine
ratchet strap around muffler and attach to your rear bumper... that's how we did my brother-in-laws 3500

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Has anyone removed the muffler from their 2500 themselves? What is the trick. Got the mounts off, hardware loose, but it is not budging. Don't really want to pull the tailpipe off, but guess I'm have to. GRRRRR...

Any tips would be appreciated. Thx.

You have to take the last section off first. Then the oem muffler will slide off

I Love My 2018 RAM 2500HD 4x4 6.4L
Mod list: Pedal Commander, AVS Vent shades, Solo Delete kit, molar side step rails

OP
OP
K

kiloRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Thanks for your responses. Very helpful.

The trick is to pull the tailpipe out first, then muffler actually does slides right out. Didn't have to actually take the tailpipe off as the muffler instructions said. Just brute force it far enough back until it comes off end of muffler. The rest is easy.

Now my truck sounds like it has a 6.4 Hemi in it (instead of a Buick). Love the deep throaty sound now.

Hey Nick, I was looking to buy the Magnaflow Mufflex DOD250035 from you, however, it disappeared from your website.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L

The trick is to pull the tailpipe out first, then muffler actually does slides right out. Didn't have to actually take the tailpipe off as the muffler instructions said. Just brute force it far enough back until it comes off end of muffler. The rest is easy.

Now my truck sounds like it has a 6.4 Hemi in it (instead of a Buick). Love the deep throaty sound now.

Hey Nick, I was looking to buy the Magnaflow Mufflex DOD250035 from you, however, it disappeared from your website.

The Solo exhaust Delete kit is a better piece I got mine from Nick

I Love My 2018 RAM 2500HD 4x4 6.4L
Mod list: Pedal Commander, AVS Vent shades, Solo Delete kit, molar side step rails

OP
OP
K

kiloRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Yeah, I'd love to do a delete, but my wife would not ride in my truck if it were that loud. She absolutely hates loud cars and trucks.

I have to admit, when I had the muffler off, I had to start and rev the engine. It sounded freakin awesome! It really got my heart fluttering and my blood moving. Actually felt like a teenager for a bit.

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Take off the tailpipe first then I just whacked the front of the muffler with FCA Special Tool # 18857322-9 (a short piece of 2x4). Popped right off.

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
And yeah, anybody that's done this has stopped, went in the house for a beer and keys and then started the truck up! LOL.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

We never offered Mufflex. Solo is the muffler kits we offer and currently only have the muffler delete kit, which I have on my truck

OP
OP
K

kiloRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Ooops. Regardless, I was trying to get you a sale. I appreciate your insight and your involvement with the Ram community.
I already have my next Ram addition picked out, and when the time comes, I'll send it your direction.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcquinn