2nd Gen Headliner Removal & Install Warning: Tons of Pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RockApe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Project Beast begins.

The headliner in this truck was a mess. Local shops wanted between $150 - $330 to do the job.

I hate paying someone else money for something I can do myself.

I have never done a headliner before. My automotive mechanical knowledge is some where between Fender Lizard ("Hold the light here....NO, HERE! Not where you're looking, where I AM looking!" -Thanks Dad) and neer-do-well Shade-tree Mechanic, in that I have enough skill to take something apart and most of the time reassemble it without extra parts lying around.

Most of the research I did regarding headliner removal and install was done by dudes with a lot of experience and thin on actual technique. So...a pictographical essay was in order.

Edit: You will note a distinct LACK of rear view mirror removal. Apparently the previous owner didn't see a need for one, as it was in the center console when I purchased it.

Ax0Uhne.png

zDlCWBh.png

0x5zIQR.jpg

fMuanGo.jpg

z5RPJom.jpg

H7jvQC9.jpg

Lt8fBDh.jpg

VJj2Cg3.jpg

JAB5rC0.jpg

onMxvWV.jpg

jn36IDa.jpg

FPxzH54.jpg

7sG6E5s.jpg

ZDdOgHu.png

eWMWldL.jpg

DBNflVH.jpg

4ss9Hha.jpg

fJCa0Qt.jpg

hcqP2X7.jpg

mLOV1l4.jpg

SzwDTvY.jpg

4jFIHSZ.jpg

Gs21mUo.jpg

oLkH2Yw.jpg

oFpbgii.jpg

jjeWSXI.png

9g162CE.png

iErXE4f.png

Part 2 to follow

DAN 25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
Very nice. I will be following your lead very soon. How about posting your fix and any tips on the install. The foam under the cloth is in poor shape on my 94. Does anyone know if anyone sells the cloth with foam attached? Or, should I look for a roll of new foam and use 3M spray adhesive.

kdryan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Also watching for more on this thread...