2wd UCA vs 4wd UCA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dangulo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Im looking for a replacement UCA for my 2015 lifted 2wd 1500. Some companies list their upgraded replacements as 2wd/4wd. Are they the same part# ?

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Why are you looking for a replacement?

OP
OP
Dangulo

Dangulo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Why are you looking for a replacement?

Ball joint on my passenger side has leaked grease on to the spindle and I'm sure once I get the wheel off the ground ill have play in it. So I'm looking for replacements before it gets worse

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would recommend getting the zones as they have a better angle than the factory.

OP
OP
Dangulo

Dangulo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would recommend getting the zones as they have a better angle than the factory.

So then it goes back to the original question will the aftermarket 4wd upper control arms fit a lifted 2wd?

Portable Pete

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hoping I can revive this thread b/c I had the same question for slightly different reasons. I have a 2017 1500 2WD and would like to level it with the Max Trac front lift springs. Problem is that it is common for the UCA to smack the coil bucket, which I'd like to avoid. This seems to be a slightly different issue than the ball joints coming out of the UCAs as experienced on the 2013-14 4WD trucks. Anyways, CST and Max Trac (coming soon) sell UCAs that will supposedly provide more travel but the costs is north of $700 which makes for a pretty expensive level. Plenty more "4WD" aftermarket UCAs that I'd like to use if they solve the problem (looking at you ReadyLift). If I'm reading it correctly, it appears the OEM UCA part numbers for the 2 and 4WD trucks are the same (68227900AB / 01AB) so I'm wondering why I can't use the 4WD UCAs on my 2WD 1500.

Anyone done it or otherwise found a solution to the coil bucket contact on 2WD level kits?

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I didn't use Maxtrac level kit, but I do have their 4.5"/3" lift and it rides awesome, no contact, rides as good as new. Now if they come out with a beefier UCA I may swap it out. But if they are $700....I may have to consider it :)

Portable Pete

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If I had my druthers I would go with the same 4.5"/3" kit but that, coupled with even 33" tires would pretty much prohibit me from entering my home garage so I figured I would settle for the level kit. I think you avoid the whole UCA issue with the kit you have b/c you are rocking spindles rather than relying on springs for lift. Thanks for the reply.

Adam

OP
OP
Dangulo

Dangulo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hoping I can revive this thread b/c I had the same question for slightly different reasons. I have a 2017 1500 2WD and would like to level it with the Max Trac front lift springs. Problem is that it is common for the UCA to smack the coil bucket, which I'd like to avoid. This seems to be a slightly different issue than the ball joints coming out of the UCAs as experienced on the 2013-14 4WD trucks. Anyways, CST and Max Trac (coming soon) sell UCAs that will supposedly provide more travel but the costs is north of $700 which makes for a pretty expensive level. Plenty more "4WD" aftermarket UCAs that I'd like to use if they solve the problem (looking at you ReadyLift). If I'm reading it correctly, it appears the OEM UCA part numbers for the 2 and 4WD trucks are the same (68227900AB / 01AB) so I'm wondering why I can't use the 4WD UCAs on my 2WD 1500.

Anyone done it or otherwise found a solution to the coil bucket contact on 2WD level kits?

If they are indeed the same part number I think you'll run into a problem with that manufacturer that they won't warranty the product should a defect occur. Simply because they were meant for 4wd only. I'll end up buying the maxtrac ones but I want one tubes more :)