3.21 to 3.92

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
I may have to try the 15 mph rolling burn out in first, just for the heck of it.

I don't have the 8 speed. Even tho l like the tranny in my truck, l wish l had the 8. From what l gather, from doing a lot of reading here, the 8 is much more forgiving of the 3.21, than the 5/6 speeds are. But l would still have to have a 3.92 if l had the 8.

3.21 and 8spd in my v6, that thing is quite spunky, getting around town and day to day driving its great, spun the tires from 20mph the other day i was impressed, my 14 with the hemi and 3.92 would leave black marks from a 30mph roll easily

Ram1X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It's a tire selection situation. Hard rubber street tires are going to spin a lot easier than a soft 12.5 inch wide mud tire. I'd wager we're talking twice the footprint and a much stickier compound with a mud terrain vs your standard tire. Even still some of the claims here seem a bit embellished. I've watched several videos of rams on stock tires trying to burn out. They aren't exactly blowing the tires off. The truck does not leave stripes from a 30mph rolling start. Feel free to shut me up with the video.

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
It's a tire selection situation. Hard rubber street tires are going to spin a lot easier than a soft 12.5 inch wide mud tire. I'd wager we're talking twice the footprint and a much stickier compound with a mud terrain vs your standard tire. Even still some of the claims here seem a bit embellished. I've watched several videos of rams on stock tires trying to burn out. They aren't exactly blowing the tires off. The truck does not leave stripes from a 30mph rolling start. Feel free to shut me up with the video.

if i had not sold the truck over a year ago i would have gladly done it, nobody says you have to believe anything said online, i have no reason to lie, i just know i was playing in my work parking lot, i turned off TC and hit it at 30 and it laid rubber, its not the first truck I've had do that so its not entirely all that amazing to me but i still think its a decent bragging right

Ram1X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
if i had not sold the truck over a year ago i would have gladly done it, nobody says you have to believe anything said online, i have no reason to lie, i just know i was playing in my work parking lot, i turned off TC and hit it at 30 and it laid rubber, its not the first truck I've had do that so its not entirely all that amazing to me but i still think its a decent bragging right

I don't think you're lying. I just think either we don't have all of the information about the circumstances, such as damp, freshly sealed asphalt etc. Or what you recall or perceived to be happening at the time, does not accurately represent what actually occurred. For example, here is a Hemi launching. It barely squeals what sounds like the one tire. Had he the power to be able to blow the tires off it at a 30mph roll, he'd be pedalling the heck out of it during this launch to both keep the truck straight and accelerating. This truck doesn't have enough power to even chirp a tire from 30mph.

https://youtu.be/l7z1VVJVs2A

I wouldn't be surprised if a new corvette hooked up and left rather than burned a bunch of rubber when rolling at 30mph and smashing the gas. It takes a lot of HP to do that. My CRX which weighed about 1500lbs and made 145FWHP off the nitrous, would not do what you are describing. It would with the nitrous where it made 221FWHP but only then.

Slick surfaces can absolutely change this but I'm referring to your average dry street surface. At the drag strip, I could see it happening on a street tire because the surface is very slippery when not on a drag tire compound. For example my CRX went slower on the nitrous in the 1/8 mile on a street tire than it did off the nitrous. I literally did one big burnout the length of the track, crossing the line in 5th gear still smoking the tires as I searched for a gear with traction. And that was on Falken azenis 220/40/17 tires which are much stickier than the average tire.

BrianandChrissy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 big horn crew cab
Engine
5.7 hemi, vararam CAI
I don't think you're lying. I just think either we don't have all of the information about the circumstances, such as damp, freshly sealed asphalt etc. Or what you recall or perceived to be happening at the time, does not accurately represent what actually occurred. For example, here is a Hemi launching. It barely squeals what sounds like the one tire. Had he the power to be able to blow the tires off it at a 30mph roll, he'd be pedalling the heck out of it during this launch to both keep the truck straight and accelerating. This truck doesn't have enough power to even chirp a tire from 30mph.

I have a 2016 crew cab bighorn 4x4. I have been coasting at 10-15 mph and floored it. My truck immediately broke both tires loose. Perfectly dry street, about 55 degrees out. So any misnomer about the trucks not having enough power to break the tires loose is entirely FALSE. All i have so far is the vararam intake. The truck is COMPLETELY stock. If the naysayers want to discredit me, i guess ill have to go out and video it!!

LIT3MUP!!!

Ferro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My Sport does better than that with 35s and a 4" lift.

bchap05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't like wearing out my tires so I never try to spin. But I have broken my 3.21 8 speed loose a few times when not even trying just pulling out in traffic, and that wasn't to the floor so I'd assume its pretty easy if I want to.

Either way its way faster than my 06 Silverado with 4.56's I had. Also had a 6 inch lift, 20's and 35's. It wouldn't break the tires loose

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
I don't like wearing out my tires so I never try to spin. But I have broken my 3.21 8 speed loose a few times when not even trying just pulling out in traffic, and that wasn't to the floor so I'd assume its pretty easy if I want to.

Either way its way faster than my 06 Silverado with 4.56's I had. Also had a 6 inch lift, 20's and 35's. It wouldn't break the tires loose

thats my thing too lol

I have a 2016 crew cab bighorn 4x4. I have been coasting at 10-15 mph and floored it. My truck immediately broke both tires loose. Perfectly dry street, about 55 degrees out. So any misnomer about the trucks not having enough power to break the tires loose is entirely FALSE. All i have so far is the vararam intake. The truck is COMPLETELY stock. If the naysayers want to discredit me, i guess ill have to go out and video it!!

LIT3MUP!!!

I wouldn't be surprised if a new corvette hooked up and left rather than burned a bunch of rubber when rolling at 30mph and smashing the gas. It takes a lot of HP to do that. My CRX which weighed about 1500lbs and made 145FWHP off the nitrous, would not do what you are describing. It would with the nitrous where it made 221FWHP but only then.

Slick surfaces can absolutely change this but I'm referring to your average dry street surface. At the drag strip, I could see it happening on a street tire because the surface is very slippery when not on a drag tire compound. For example my CRX went slower on the nitrous in the 1/8 mile on a street tire than it did off the nitrous. I literally did one big burnout the length of the track, crossing the line in 5th gear still smoking the tires as I searched for a gear with traction. And that was on Falken azenis 220/40/17 tires which are much stickier than the average tire.

my truck had the oem tires and it was a reg cab so take that for what its worth, and im sorry but that truck in the video, he must have had traction control on, thats the only time i got that little chirp on a hard launch in my 2014, if that video represented all that a 400hp truck can do then i wouldnt own a dodge, breaking tires lose at 30mph isnt all that impressive to me anymore, and ill say this, if i have a corvette and i smash the gas at 30 mph, it had better snap the tires lose, im just saying its not as un-realistic as you seem to believe that these trucks are able to destroy tires, i quit doing burnouts when i quit street racing, but occasionally we all like to play for a minute and thats when i found out the truck did that, no lies, no mis information, nothing like that, just a 2014 reg cab hemi on stock tires in a normal parking lot of an office building down here in texas

Last edited:

Ram1X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

LIT3MUP!!!

Please do. I'd appreciate it.

Ram1X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
thats my thing too lol

my truck had the oem tires and it was a reg cab so take that for what its worth, and im sorry but that truck in the video, he must have had traction control on, thats the only time i got that little chirp on a hard launch in my 2014, if that video represented all that a 400hp truck can do then i wouldnt own a dodge, breaking tires lose at 30mph isnt all that impressive to me anymore, and ill say this, if i have a corvette and i smash the gas at 30 mph, it had better snap the tires lose, im just saying its not as un-realistic as you seem to believe that these trucks are able to destroy tires, i quit doing burnouts when i quit street racing, but occasionally we all like to play for a minute and thats when i found out the truck did that, no lies, no mis information, nothing like that, just a 2014 reg cab hemi on stock tires in a normal parking lot of an office building down here in texas

Perhaps our disagreement is in what constitutes destroying tires. From what I hear these trucks get less than 300 of those horse powers to the tires. For 250whp to smoke 33's on a 5,000lb truck from a 30mph roll, is tough to imagine. Again my 14' hemi CC is on 35 MT tires but has 4.56 gears and it struggles to spin 1 tire with traction control off from a stop. I'd figure I need another 100whp to roast them from 30mph. I have a Vararam and exhaust. We will see where it stands when the other kind user videos his truck in action. Perhaps we are both expecting the same thing and simply defining it differently.

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
Perhaps our disagreement is in what constitutes destroying tires. From what I hear these trucks get less than 300 of those horse powers to the tires. For 250whp to smoke 33's on a 5,000lb truck from a 30mph roll, is tough to imagine. Again my 14' hemi CC is on 35 MT tires but has 4.56 gears and it struggles to spin 1 tire with traction control off from a stop. I'd figure I need another 100whp to roast them from 30mph. I have a Vararam and exhaust. We will see where it stands when the other kind user videos his truck in action. Perhaps we are both expecting the same thing and simply defining it differently.

quite possibly so, i will say this, i added mud terrains on one of my older trucks and it went from being able to lay rubber nicely to not at all, so MTs are grippy and thats no joke

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
I came home from work today and was on a dry clean road thats in good shape.

My truck at 30mph will just try to break the tires loose, basically they were chattering, on a paved road that you might say is old and a little dusty it will spin them at 30mph not smoke them or blow the tires off just spin them some.

at 15/20 on a good pavement road it will spin them real good and leave a set of black marks no problem at all.
at a stand still it will spin the tires so easy its not funny and smoking them and leaving black marks is nothing, I have noticed if it spins them to hard it upshifts into 2nd gear to soon and will stop spinning so you have to feather the throttle some.

That truck in the video had to of had his TC on if not he needs to take it back..lol

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
quite possibly so, i will say this, i added mud terrains on one of my older trucks and it went from being able to lay rubber nicely to not at all, so MTs are grippy and thats no joke

I had stock tires on my Cummins and it would spin them good put 35" Toyo mts on it and it would spin the **** out of them the MTs had less tread on the ground compared to the Commercial BFGs that I had before.

Really just depends on the tires, these stock tires on my truck offer up very little traction and I figure thats why mine spins them so easy good tires probably wont spin nrar as much .

BrianandChrissy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 big horn crew cab
Engine
5.7 hemi, vararam CAI
I had stock tires on my Cummins and it would spin them good put 35" Toyo mts on it and it would spin the **** out of them the MTs had less tread on the ground compared to the Commercial BFGs that I had before.

Really just depends on the tires, these stock tires on my truck offer up very little traction and I figure thats why mine spins them so easy good tires probably wont spin nrar as much .
This very well could be why mine spin so easily. Stock goodyear 20 inch SR/A's.

LIT3MUP!!!

Bobbo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have definitely had my tires let go a bit at over 30mph, with TC, on a dry day, passing a car on the freeway. That was with basically full bolt ons minus headers and under drive pulley. With HF tune, 8 speed, 3.21s, open diff, and stock tires. It doesn't smoke the tires at that speed, but they do break loose. Without limited slip, it's probably just 1 one tire as well.

I will say when I was stock, and the truck was new. It was exactly like in that video if I left traction control on.