3/4 ton leaf springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MikesRammin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
Yes it will. The only differance would be the number of springs. You may need longer u bolts though.

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
You Both have it. lol 3/4 ton trucks came in 2 styles. Light Duty and Heavy Duty. Heavy duty has 3" Springs and purches and mounts. Light Duty has 2" perch and mounts. So depending on what ya get. But if you want more payload do what I did. Get a set of coil overs. I got a set from O'reilys for like $200. 1200lb extra load.

Okiespaniel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum, 5.9
I don't know what you're looking for but a 3 inch BDS AAL and and a shackle flip ought to give you about 6 inches of lift. For towing the aforementioned airbags and such are fine.

I intentionaly didn't mention the LD 2500 springs because there's not much advantage to running them.

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Just get ya a new set. You might pick up that other inch with new ones. You could always stick a larger block back there.

Okiespaniel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum, 5.9
I already have 5" of lift... I am looking to gain another 2-3"
and my driver's side spring is dearched bad to where i'm sagging up to an inch lower on the left side, so they need to be replaced.

A shackle flip will do that. :birgits_tiredcoffee

"Dodge lean"... Not an uncommon sight. Something Dodges have had since the 70's and may still have.

Last edited:

ParrotHead FA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 magnum
If you know anyone at a machine shop or spring shop, you can add leaves to your rear springs. A machine shop can make the leaves for you and put the right bend in the steel to add lift and rejuvenate older springs. Sometimes cheaper than buying an entirely new set, and better than adding lifting blocks.
I have done this on my chevrolet suburban, we put 10,000 lb coils on the front for 3.5" of lift, then they made me 4 leaves for my rears to raise the back end up even with the front.
Dave

99RamSport360

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Magnum 360
You Both have it. lol 3/4 ton trucks came in 2 styles. Light Duty and Heavy Duty. Heavy duty has 3" Springs and purches and mounts. Light Duty has 2" perch and mounts. So depending on what ya get. But if you want more payload do what I did. Get a set of coil overs. I got a set from O'reilys for like $200. 1200lb extra load.

Can you post a link to those O'Reiley Springs you bought? can't seem to figure it out

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I actually did the Conversion you originally asked about. I had a 97 Ram 2500 that I totalled a few years ago and when my new 96 Ram 1500 springs were sagging with any weight on the back I thought about doing the swap to 3inch wide springs. Took about a day of working by myself and a total of $160 in rear shackles and u-bolts from Dodge. Hardest part was getting the factory rivets out. Once I did it I went back home in WV and hauled a load of scrap metal in for my Mother. Total weight of trailer and scrap metal was right at 14,500lbs, and the truck sat level and was really easy to haul.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lasse452