3 inch spacers in front 2.5 blocks in rear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZHowell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 3.9L
i just got a new lift coming in for my 2001 Ram 1500 2WD V6 3.9L and I was wondering if I would be able to fit 33x12.50x20 tires with 20x12 Hostile Alphas with -44 offset? Also was wondering if I could get your guys and gals opinions on my 4th gen to 2nd gen bumper swap I’m dumbfounded by what color I should paint the bumper since I have a silver bottom trim here’s a pic of the truck stock

0B4BC4DC-FB4B-4A3A-A7C5-1275CCA0D3D6.jpeg

OP
OP
Z

ZHowell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 3.9L
Coil spacers in the front and blocks in the back with MaxTrac Suspension all the way around

DodgeDude99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Does the rear already have factory blocks & you’re adding the 2.5”?
Or is the axle on the leaf spring stock?

OP
OP
Z

ZHowell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 3.9L
Does the rear already have factory blocks & you’re adding the 2.5”?
Or is the axle on the leaf spring stock?
Leaf spring stock adding the blocks but my mechanic I use tried installing the lift in the front today and the spacers wouldn’t let my springs compress enough to get them to connect my spindle back together so I had to order 3” spindles today from Doetsch hope this works

EvilSpirit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Leaf spring stock adding the blocks but my mechanic I use tried installing the lift in the front today and the spacers wouldn’t let my springs compress enough to get them to connect my spindle back together so I had to order 3” spindles today from Doetsch hope this works

On A-arm style front suspensions - raised or dropped spindles are always preferred to coil blocks or longer springs - the spindles don't change the operating angles of the ball joints, control arms, etc.

EvilSpirit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Moderators should consider consolidating this topic - I think there are 4-5 posts for the same issue on the first page of this section alone. :hmm:

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Moderators should consider consolidating this topic - I think there are 4-5 posts for the same issue on the first page of this section alone. :hmm:

Nobody is forcing you to read every post. I'm sure there are multiple threads on the same subject all over this forum. Don't read them.

EvilSpirit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Nobody is forcing you to read every post. I'm sure there are multiple threads on the same subject all over this forum. Don't read them.

Simply saying might be an advantage to the people needing/asking for advice for all the suggestions and advice to be collected into 1 post instead of spread out over several. I made the suggestion to try to help collect as much info as possible into the same area, so the people asking for/needing advice wouldn't have to search through multiple posts and possible missing info that would make it easier for THEM. Why make getting advice an Easter egg hunt when all the eggs can stay in one basket.

If the moderators have any issue with my suggestion, or any of my posts for that matter, THEY certainly have the ability and right to contact me or censor them.

Thanks for your concern about which posts I chose to read or respond to. Noted. Absolutely un-necessary, but . . . Noted . . . I've pretty much had automotive forums figured out long before I chose to become a member here.

Last edited: