318 motor is not starting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rosanky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So I just purchased an old 318 Dodge truck and it sat for about 3 years in a pasture and was never touched till I bought it, I only drove if about 8 miles or so and it was driving great, but I got a huge bump and for some reason right after that the truck started acting weird, when i would try to accelerate it would try to die, I would then just barely keep tapping it and it would go but it would idle just fine and so then we drove it back and parked it and now.it will not start at all, I tried wd40 in the carb and not even a spark at all, I don't know if i knocked something loose or I should have done some maintenance before I drove. Anything tips or know how would help please

Thank you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

marine6212

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
pull valve covers and look at your push rods.

had similar issue with a 1970 f250 390. 4 of the 16 push rods were bent or broken. idled fine but would not accelerate. had to have heads machined and new springs and valves.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

bozeblake

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Check fuel filter, fuel lines and fuel pump

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

rosanky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah it is a fuel problem, i splashed some fuel in the carb and it started for a second then died, so fuel pump maybe??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk