32 gallon fuel tank

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Chisox

Chisox

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not to mention the remote starter cuts off when the fuel light comes on and mine comes on too early......very inconvenient in the cold weather.

ScottFL

U.S. Navy Gulf War Vet
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn 4X4
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Not to mention the remote starter cuts off when the fuel light comes on and mine comes on too early......very inconvenient in the cold weather.

This is my major gripe, the hotter weather is beginning in Florida and now I have will have to stop at about 100 miles range to get gas. I always take the Star case document when getting my Longhorn serviced and am always told no one knows anything about it....

Riderone

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone heard anything regarding the fix for this? Seems like it would be easy to do but what do I know.

deanoldo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So, I was in getting my oil changed last week and I wandered over to the service department and discussed this issue with one of the service managers. He suggested I bring it in and have them look at it. Since it's covered under warranty, I figured what the heck. Today I dropped it off and they've told me they're replacing the fuel level sending unit. I'm not sure if it was bad or if they're just giving it a try. I guess I'll find out the next time I fill it up.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I thought it was a software issue that was going to be fixed sometime after the first of this year?????????????
Jay

deanoldo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I thought it was a software issue that was going to be fixed sometime after the first of this year?????????????
Jay

Yeah, based on the write up of my service form, I don't think the service manager exactly understood what I was saying, even though I gave him a copy of the Star case and he was able to look it up. It looks like they checked the Fuel Level Sender unit and found it to have an internal fault, so they dropped the tank and replaced it. According to the paperwork, it's a known issue. We'll see if it fixes anything. Other than the incorrect reading on the gauge, I wasn't having any other problems.

cody mummert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How can I find out if my 15 has a 32 gallon tank

deanoldo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How can I find out if my 15 has a 32 gallon tank

You can either look at your build sheet or at the gas tank. My tank has a sticker on it at the back that says how many gallons it is. Of course, the sticker could come off, so the build sheet is probably the best. Some one had posted a link on how to get to the build sheet, but I don't remember where...

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Information previously posted by Maddog:

Not sure what gears you have in the differentials? Not sure what options were installed at the factory?

Just go to the link below and enter the information. Dodge will email you your build sheet!

For our Canadian members, you will need to use a city/state/zip code from the US for this to work.

Go to the link below to see exactly how it was equipped.

http://www.dodge.com/webselfservice/dodge/Recall.html

Go to the "Your Vehicle" section on the left, then click on "Equipment Listing". You'll go to another page. Enter the VIN under "Equipment Listing" in the middle of the page and click on the "Search" button.

You'll get an immediate equipment list for the vehicle.

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
This may have been covered already, but i think this issue is beyond the 1/2 ton and is in the 2500 and up as well. if i fill up my tank RIGHT when the gas light comes on in my power wagon, i can only put 23 gallons in. that means i have 9 gallons in reserve left. even at 10 mpg that means i can still go almost 100 miles before i run out. that's a bit excessive. when the light came on in my charger, that car wasn't ******* around, you needed gas NOW. I ran out of gas in that car twice because i chanced it.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
This may have been covered already, but i think this issue is beyond the 1/2 ton and is in the 2500 and up as well. if i fill up my tank RIGHT when the gas light comes on in my power wagon, i can only put 23 gallons in. that means i have 9 gallons in reserve left. even at 10 mpg that means i can still go almost 100 miles before i run out. that's a bit excessive. when the light came on in my charger, that car wasn't ******* around, you needed gas NOW. I ran out of gas in that car twice because i chanced it.
Yes. It’s the 2500/3500’s with the 31 gallon tanks also. Mine does exactly the same thing. As soon as it switches from “2 miles” range to “fuel low”, I can only get 25 gallons in. The fuel gauge needle is pegged below “E” at this point also.

IRSmart

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Yes. It’s the 2500/3500’s with the 31 gallon tanks also. Mine does exactly the same thing. As soon as it switches from “2 miles” range to “fuel low”, I can only get 25 gallons in. The fuel gauge needle is pegged below “E” at this point also.
it's damned frustrating. my truck already gets horrendous fuel economy, i don't need the gas gauge skewing those numbers making it look even worse lol.

dbrock34

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I drove for well over 100 miles with my low fuel light on, at least 70 of that was below 0 miles left of range. I purposely tried to run it out of gas. Carried a gas can with me just in case. Finally gave in and filled up but still only put 28 gallons in.

deanoldo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, I just filled it up for the first time since getting the new fuel sending unit. My EVIC shows my average mpg at 14.4 and miles to empty at 461 and that means it thinks I have 32 gallons in the tank. I assume the fuel gauge is electronically connected to this stuff so we'll see how it goes...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Let us know-----good luck
Jay

Mikark

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've never seen more than 377miles till empty. Sounds like there getting close.

deanoldo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've never seen more than 377miles till empty. Sounds like there getting close.

I did 425 miles on the freeway Thursday. When I filled it up, the EVIC showed my range as 601 miles. I wish I had snapped a picture... :)

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
it's damned frustrating. my truck already gets horrendous fuel economy, i don't need the gas gauge skewing those numbers making it look even worse lol.

IMHO maybe your "horrendous fuel mileage" has something to do with your 6.4 in a power wagon???????? Just a guess on my part though----LOL
Jay

IRSmart

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
IMHO maybe your "horrendous fuel mileage" has something to do with your 6.4 in a power wagon???????? Just a guess on my part though----LOL
Jay
maybe a little something lol

patchelect

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My truck has the 32 gallon tank. It also says I am averaging 17-18MPG. My "miles to empty" reads near 500 miles when I fill up. Since I don't have a schedule (retired) I don't care or worry about the issue.

Just want to add my un-asked for 2 cents! :D.