35's won't balance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z mann R2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So my new lift n tires n wheels looks great but they seemed to have come in unbalanced. So custom offsets paid me to take it somewhere for a balance and I did. The shop (who is a specialty shop for lifts and tires) balanced all 4 and I still feel wobble on the highway. It didn't feel this way before I installed everything so it can't be the bearings or anything like that.

Could it be the way theyre mounting onto the lugs? How about the locking lug nuts which appear much heavier than the regular lugs?

Also, what are those little rings that are on the studs up against the hub? there's 2 per hub, some studs don't have them. Seem like it would keep the wheel from sitting flush against the hub

Last edited:

Salsa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I was just told this past Friday from a friend that ran a tire service dept that those clips should not be on wheels for Ram trucks. I told him I bought Moto Metal MO970's and he said to check and make sure they are not on there. They create problems and one is over time some of the aluminum wheels crack. He did tell me that some tire shops leave them on and don't know any better. I bought mine from CARiD and they did not come with the wheels. My friend has the same MO970 wheels as mine. I just read some more info about my truck & it mentioned to check the wheels for the clips and they shouldn't be on for my Truck.

Jarhead57

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 4x4 CC Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Those are "stud clips" used to hold things together during the build of the truck, not needed when wheels are installed. It's highly recommended in everything I have read to remove those before installing any aftermarket wheels as they can cause vibrations. First thing I did was to remove those from my truck, even though I still have stock wheels.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Remove those star washers but also you probably need hubcentric spacers

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Yup, take the washers off and, if you still have a balance issue, try a "road force" balance vs. a spin or static balance.