4/6” Lift Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Went to my local Ram dealership today and inquired about leveling/lifts. The leveling ($800ish) is done with some sort of spacer. I said no on that since I recently installed Bilsteins set at 2.1. That left me with about 3/4-1" of rake. Only cost $220.00 total and some cussing! Reversible too.
The 4" lift ($2800ish installed) they use is no longer Superlift parts but BDS. Guy said they had some issues? with Superlift kits and have since went to BDS. I asked about the angle on the drive shaft that goes from transfer case to front differential (due to front diff drop) and he said it would not cause a problem. Also said that the only warranty voiding issue(s) was the on the actual parts that were replaced. No other warrantied parts such as front differential, CV shafts, etc, etc, would be affected/voided by the installation of the lift. No, that was not in writing, but IF I were to do this it would have to be. Last, but not least, he stated that there would be cutting of structural members and there would be no going back once the 4" lift was installed. :( He actually suggested I stay away from the lift due to tempermental (squirrelly) handling caused by alignment issues. I suspect they farm the work out to some other place anyway. There are only a couple places I know of. One is 4 Wheel Parts (this would be my guess) and an independent offroad/performance truck shop. Decisions, decisions.....

The lift won’t effect your drivetrain, it’s the tires. Ask them about tire size too on the warranty and get that in writing, ask him if you can run 35’s and if it blows your transmission or front diff your covered or better yet ask him what’s the max tire size....that’s what I wanna know

4WP here in Houston doesn’t sell BDS they only sell procomp or fabtech for Rams, just like it shows on their website. They push procomp since they are the same company and that’s a house brand.

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
they are the same company and that’s a house brand.

@JB1 I didnn’t realize that but always wondered why their lift selections were so limited. Thanks for the backstory.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Last edited: