Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
I've already bought shackles for the rear of my truck, but might end up with a single cab soon [which is what I really want] and when I get THAT, I know I want it to be 3/5-6 to 4/6-7 dropped or so.

I know a 2" shackle really gives more like 1.5" of drop, but I also know that drop springs give ~4" of drop. Combine both -since I already bought the shackles- and that's 5.5" of drop. Perfect for a 3" front drop, yes?

I also know that a flip kit will give about 5.5" of drop by itself on a stock shackle. But that'll still be on stock springs. Add the shackle, and that's 7". Add a lift shackle, and it's 4.5"

Question is, if I'm looking for more performance, or just a better setup, should I run the flip with the high curve stock springs and use the shackle to go lower [I doubt I'll ever pass 4/6.5 or so. I wanna clear speed bumps, steep drives, and still have a reasonable tire height, ya'know] Or would it be better to have lower curve drop springs without a flip and use the drop shackle to get the spring closer to the pivot point [theoertically, this sounds better to me for some reason]

Anyway, yeah. What do you guys think for a 3/5.5-ish to a max of 4/6.5-ish drop? Drop spring rear with shackle? Or flip kit?