4th Gen Official Timeslip/Discussion Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lol not really more money. You guys pretty much have the same performance mods except for tune. But once he gets a tune too he'll have you cause stock tires are around 44 pounds and your nittos are around 60 pounds so around 80 pounds heavier total of rotational weight which is the same as adding 80-400 pounds to your truck(1 pound of rotational equals around 1-5 pounds of static weight)

Edit: And the 420s are even lighter than factory by about 5 pounds so that's another 12 pounds(or 12-60 pounds)

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What I am looking at yes :) I just hope it doesn't look like poop with too much fender gap with my small drop.

Those are awesome tires, you'll love them. Had them on my R/T and they were a lot better than the factory goodyear fortera sl. Yeah not sure how they'll look. I guess go find a 2wd ram with factory 17s and look at how the look on the front since that's kinda what it'll look like on the rear. If anything just go 2/4 drop instead

bahh turbos are cute when you hear that whistle and i go by right;)

All about that supercharger whine ;) I would take either actually lol. Blow off sound is sexy(loved it on my genesis) and so is supercharger whine

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Failed math class myself LOL.

So how do you calculate DA? If that isn't impossible to explain xD

From what I understand is it's a mix of temperature, humidity, elevation, and barometric pressure(hooray for autocorrect on that one). The formula is super complicated though so I just use an online calculator from dragtimes, DA Calculator - Density Altitude Calculator - DragTimes.com

All you do is enter the track(royal purple is under Houston raceway park), the date and then click get weather data. Then select a time closest to the time of your run, click calculate DA, and then enter your time and mph and it'll calculate it for you. For now, it'll be the stock and mildly modified naturally aspirated time

Edit: Or you can by a little gun thing that supposedly calculates it for you right there on the spot

TheBlackHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So your 14.9xx run pretty much would have run a 14.8xx in the same conditions....The vararam shaved off .2, pretty good bang for the buck imo. I know you had a k&n how would you compare the two in sound output.....I'm pretty sure the open box K&N CAI has to be much louder right? I know my mopar CAI can be pretty loud when cruising around town(accelerating) and I kinda want to hear my exhaust note a little more vs the CAI note from the engine bay.

TylerB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Last edited:

09SMOKINHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok went to the track tonight but they wouldn't let me run unless I had pants!!!! It was warm today so I had shorts on. Anyone heard of this when running their truck? Crazy. I was super bummed. Was looking forward to running my truck

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Like mentioned, every track requires you to wear jeans...even if it is 90* outside.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
True. I also didnt know about having to wear jeans my first time and they did not let me run. That was at Texas Motorplex in Ennis.

And once you hit 13.99 Royal Purple is going to make you start wearing a helmet, or they will kick you off the track for that as well.

09SMOKINHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Chaney, how exactly did you shift when you ran your truck?

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

SILVER_BULLET

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
True. I also didnt know about having to wear jeans my first time and they did not let me run. That was at Texas Motorplex in Ennis.

And once you hit 13.99 Royal Purple is going to make you start wearing a helmet, or they will kick you off the track for that as well.

I think the rule is 13.5 but they don't really enforce it because almost every one of my friends is in the 12s na and low 11s high 10s on nitrous and they wear them only when they feel like it

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
The NHRA rule is 13.99. They let it slip sometimes, but I was told I could not race anymore after making a 13.9 pass in my 07. It was my first time at the track with the diesel, and i didnt know it would go 13 seconds.

Then I raced an SS Chevy a few weeks later that went 13.2 with no helmet and they didnt say anything to him?

OP
OP
Trupiano

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
Updated!

Yeah had a lot of work projects to do that took a lil overtime. Then pumpkin patch, pumpkin carving, shopping for the crib and all the new baby stuff, and 2 haunted houses this weekend. Plus I have 2 chapters of class still to do = P

09SMOKINHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Updated!

Yeah had a lot of work projects to do that took a lil overtime. Then pumpkin patch, pumpkin carving, shopping for the crib and all the new baby stuff, and 2 haunted houses this weekend. Plus I have 2 chapters of class still to do = P

wow.... busy busy bee!

even more the reason to appreciate our great moderators here on the forum!

SILVER_BULLET

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Ran a 14.43 Friday night at the track. In this cold weather we had. I deflated my rears pretty good and inflated my fronts as well. Put 30PSI in the bags and hooked so good on the line. I'll see if I can get some batteries in my camera to take a picture of it. :)

Nice time man and congrats getting that big truck moving so well