4x4 Gurus step inside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

RamRoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
edit: found answer to a question I posted....but not the subject of this post.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bad news if its the motor for the transfer case getting weak/going bad you gotta pull it out. Good news is the part is about 100 bucks if thats the bad part.

OP
OP
R

RamRoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just tried switch at a slow roll and it still would not switch. Any way to test the actuator switch

OP
OP
R

RamRoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just talked to my service department. If the actuator switch is bad it is covered under my lifetime powertrain warranty. So, the transfer case is as well. I also have a pinion gear seal that is bad and it is also covered under the powertrain warranty.

I have had my second axle go bad since putting on the low budget tuff-country 4" lift. The angle of the cv axle is ungodly. I am thinking it might be smart to get my 6" lift done before I take it in and then all of the geometry will look accurate and they won't try to give me a hard time

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Just talked to my service department. If the actuator switch is bad it is covered under my lifetime powertrain warranty. So, the transfer case is as well. I also have a pinion gear seal that is bad and it is also covered under the powertrain warranty.

I have had my second axle go bad since putting on the low budget tuff-country 4" lift. The angle of the cv axle is ungodly. I am thinking it might be smart to get my 6" lift done before I take it in and then all of the geometry will look accurate and they won't try to give me a hard time

Is your dealer ok with the lift? Thanks

OP
OP
R

RamRoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They have to be unless they can prove that the lift caused a failure; The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. It is not opinion, but proof. Anyway, the guy that did my lift knows they personally and said it is no problem. Good news is that I am having a new 6" lift put on 2 days before my appointment, so as far as they know, the lift was put on after I called them.