4x4 lowering question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ruff84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
This is for a 2005 4x4,

I bought a used Groundforce 2/4 lowering kit used a few months ago and want to install it in the next few weeks. I don't have a problem in the rear, however the front is a different story. I have no directions because i bought it used and groundforce won't send me new ones(they say they will but never send them.)

I have the lowering key for the front. How do i remove the old ones and install the new ones? Anybody have instructions or a step by step, i've done alot of engine and tranny work just never touched the suspension besides shocks and shackles.

Joshwaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 CC 4x4 Laramie AirRide
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There is a tool made(looks like a C clamp) to take the old keys out. Be-Careful lot of pressure. I would also lift the front till both tires come off the ground to help with pressure.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Ruff soak those keys the night before ateast with some good stuff. I did the opposite as you for my org level keys. The bars are under alot of load so be careful on the clamp slipping out.