5.0 audio help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
so i feel like a complete noob here asking... i picked p a 2015 chrysler 200s as my beater so i dont drive my truck 60-75 miles a day. I went to go and put an amp in it the other day and had some issues.

when i cut the front speaker leads behind the head unit to feed a LOC for a 4 channel amp the signal (2 channels for the front components, 2 channels for the sub. the head unit would not put out any signal. if i connected the head unit directly to the components they would work, then if i connected the the loc in there also it would work.

anybody seen this? ways around it so i can use a 4-channel? its almost as if the factory head unit needs to see a certain load for the fronts to work

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You got it man there are many people that have had that problem in our trucks with the 5.0 and it does come down to being load specific. I say you get a LOC that has enough RCA outputs for your needs and go from there.

OP
OP
B

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i used a LOC that had all i needed. i was wondering if anybody has found a successful solution to doing this yet (ex the correct load or a way to wire in the loc so it gets signal)

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You got it man there are many people that have had that problem in our trucks with the 5.0 and it does come down to being load specific. I say you get a LOC that has enough RCA outputs for your needs and go from there.

This. These Chrysler radios need to see a certain resistance. I believe PACs new LOC has this built in so it is not an issue anymore. We haven't received them yet, but that is what the rep told us. L.O.C. PRO

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eddo