5.2 performance upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Perseus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 magnum
Hi all, I'm looking into possibly swapping out my stock 5.2 heads for set of ported and polished 5.9 heads on my 99 dodge ram 1500 magnum.
As I understand it, the intake and exhaust manifolds should mate up just fine, but if anybody knows anything to the contrary I'm looking for input. My main concern is how the PCM will react to the increased flow of fuel, air, and exhaust, as well as increaed compression as I'm considering planing the proposed heads a bit .
I expect to have to replace the injectors with higher capacity injectors suitable to the application but I'm not actually increasing displacement so maybe not.
Thoughts?

OP
OP
Perseus

Perseus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 magnum
Hi all, I'm looking into possibly swapping out my stock 5.2 heads for set of ported and polished 5.9 heads on my 99 dodge ram 1500 magnum.
As I understand it, the intake and exhaust manifolds should mate up just fine, but if anybody knows anything to the contrary I'm looking for input. My main concern is how the PCM will react to the increased flow of fuel, air, and exhaust, as well as increaed compression as I'm considering planing the proposed heads a bit .
I expect to have to replace the injectors with higher capacity injectors suitable to the application but I'm not actually increasing displacement so maybe not.
Thoughts?