5.7 Hemi HD Motor Oil in Arctic Temps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
In MN we had the "Polar Vortex" a few years ago. We didn't get above zero for something like 30 or 40 days. My 1500 functioned just fine with the standard oil. I used Mobil1 synthetic in that truck, and I never had any issues.

I would just use a good quality 5w-20 oil and call it good. I would also suggest synthetic oil too.

"We didn't get above zero for something like 30 or 40 days." Oh come on that can't be right! There is global warming don't ya know! :roflsquared:
I highly suggest as you said... good quality synthetic oil. Synthetic doesn't break down or thicken up nearly as bad as regular oil.

MN-Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
"We didn't get above zero for something like 30 or 40 days." Oh come on that can't be right! There is global warming don't ya know! :roflsquared:
I highly suggest as you said... good quality synthetic oil. Synthetic doesn't break down or thicken up nearly as bad as regular oil.

I was probably one of the only people who was fine with how cold it was. I loved it. My wife kept talking about moving to Arizona, or Florida, or something.

Not really sure where she ended up going. Just kidding, she's stuck with me.

The pickup never really had any trouble starting. Especially if it was already sunny out, and it was parked outside.

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I was probably one of the only people who was fine with how cold it was. I loved it. My wife kept talking about moving to Arizona, or Florida, or something.

Not really sure where she ended up going. Just kidding, she's stuck with me.

The pickup never really had any trouble starting. Especially if it was already sunny out, and it was parked outside.
Mine didn't actually not start but on those mornings where is was negative 20 I was wondering if it was actually rolling over fast enough to fire or not.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk