5.7L with Hellcat Supercharger?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pepper 57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have a 2016 ram r/t with the 5.7 and I'm wandering if a hell cat supercharger will fit? The guy claims it fits a Cherokee 5.7 or a 6.4, can someone help me out?

michaelrc51

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Not sure but I know the Edelbrock heads mention of another bolt pattern to fit the 6.2 Hellcat SC. I would think this indicates a different bolt pattern but that is the best info I can offer. I'm sure someone on here knows.

Alex Deaton

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm wondering the same thing, I have a 2015 Ram hemi and it seems like the hellcat supercharger is the cheapest way to go for big power gains. Does anybody here know if the hellcat supercharger will fit on a Ram hemi?

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am pretty sure the throttle body location on the hellcat intake and ram 5.7 intake are in different spots. I read somewhere that the firewall on the ram would have to be cut out, recessed, and rewelded to accept the TB.

I would install a kenne bell before I would install a hellcat SC. A lot more efficient, and supports more power. The hellcat guys use the KB to get more power.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
The Hellcat supercharger does NOT bolt onto the 5.7L or 6.4L heads, there is a different port design and bolt pattern and it doesn't bolt up. If you get a blank set of heads heads (think Thitek) you can get them machined to accept the 6.2L supercharger head unit. You will need to notch the upper fire wall to make it fit, as well as make a custom intake in addition to the cooler and hose requirements. Yes, it can be done, but a bolt-on supercharger ends up being cheaper (think Magnuson).

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I am pretty sure the throttle body location on the hellcat intake and ram 5.7 intake are in different spots. I read somewhere that the firewall on the ram would have to be cut out, recessed, and rewelded to accept the TB.

I would install a kenne bell before I would install a hellcat SC. A lot more efficient, and supports more power. The hellcat guys use the KB to get more power.

Last time I checked Kenne Bell doesn't make a blower for the trucks,but that was a couple months ago.Have you got a link to a Kenne Bell truck specific blower?

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Last time I checked Kenne Bell doesn't make a blower for the trucks,but that was a couple months ago.Have you got a link to a Kenne Bell truck specific blower?

I was referring to the 6.4 motor. Kenne bell doesnt make a blower for the 5.7 unfortunately.
Look at where the TB is located on the 5.7 and the 6.4, its on different sides.
in order to put a whipple or kenne bell 6.4 in the ram, the firewall will need to be cut, recessed, and rewelded. Not a hard job if you have metal fab skills. 6.4 top pic, 5.7 bottom pic.

IMG_2493.JPG

IMG_2494.JPG

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
I was referring to the 6.4 motor. Kenne bell doesnt make a blower for the 5.7 unfortunately.
Look at where the TB is located on the 5.7 and the 6.4, its on different sides.
in order to put a whipple or kenne bell 6.4 in the ram, the firewall will need to be cut, recessed, and rewelded. Not a hard job if you have metal fab skills. 6.4 top pic, 5.7 bottom pic.

View attachment 126657

View attachment 126658

I'm a little confused on your post. Whipple has a kit that fits the Ram. I wasn't aware of any modifications to the firewall

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm a little confused on your post. Whipple has a kit that fits the Ram. I wasn't aware of any modifications to the firewall

Yes whipple makes a kit for the 5.7 ram, but kenne bell does not. I posted pics of both to show that if the OP swaps in a hellcat 6.4, he will have to cut out the firewall, recess it, and reweld it so the back of the supercharger manifold will fit.
Same would be true if the 6.4 has a whipple.

wink

Beast Pilot
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'd recommend the Whipple as well. It's made to fit, and comes with a tune. No brainer. But as to "big power", they'll all make enough boost to pop your stock pistons. So potential is roughly equal on all of them until you build your engine for more boost.

wink

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Yes whipple makes a kit for the 5.7 ram, but kenne bell does not. I posted pics of both to show that if the OP swaps in a hellcat 6.4, he will have to cut out the firewall, recess it, and reweld it so the back of the supercharger manifold will fit.
Same would be true if the 6.4 has a whipple.

Whipple is supposedly working on a 6.4 truck blower ,they might already have it ready,which should negate any firewall mods. BTW the Hellcat isn't a 6.4,it's a 6.2.

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Whipple is supposedly working on a 6.4 truck blower ,they might already have it ready,which should negate any firewall mods. BTW the Hellcat isn't a 6.4,it's a 6.2.

Wow i always thought the hellcat was a 6.4 learn something new every day! If the OP installs the hellcat motor with stock supercharger, he should be ok. It doesnt look like it pushes as far back into the firewall as a 6.4 with a KB.
Blower wise for the 6.4 I would still take a kenne bell over the new whipple. The mammouth kenne bell blowers are just sick. Almost bought one for my mustang, but in 2006 they didnt have one that made over 600 rwhp, so i installed a twin turbo kit.

Last edited:

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
The hellcat motor with supercharger will not bolt into a Ram without modification. People have done it and it was not a bolt in. Last I heard of firewall and motor mounts have to be modified.

I doubt there’s much of a difference from a kenne bell to a whipple of the same size. They both make awesome blowers of various sizes. Either would be a great addition to a hemi.

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
Eh, roots blowers are rice for the off idle tq but they generate stupid IAT temps and would require a good A2W system to keep them in check. But for the price I would be looking for a centri or a rear mount turbo. You could do a rear mount turbo for less than 2k and that’s including the stupid price of a tune (depending on your year of Truck) if u need a new pcm va a flash.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Rear mount turbo requires a lot more plumbing though, and most of would need to be fabricated, which is fine if you can do that, but for the average joe something bolt in like a roots or centrifugal is a better option.

On the street, stop light to stop light a roots/twin screw is the way to go. A centrifugal might out run it on the top end, and will be a little easier on the drivetrain as well. Pretty well all the roots kits like whipple,kenne bell,magnusson etc. all have pretty decent air to water intercoolers, so intake take temps aren’t really an issue.

Last edited:

wink

Beast Pilot
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Actually Whipple and Kenne Bell are twin screw blowers. Similar in design, but more efficient than the roots derived technology TVS/Eaton blowers use. But don't discount centrifugal blowers, like Vortech, Procharger, etc.. I'd love to see a roots or twin screw setup that will out accelerate my centrifugal powered Jeep. I've lined up against a bunch of each type at the track. No contest, 60' to trap speed. With that said, the twin screw would be my go to for towing, though a centrifugal can do it, they aren't optimized for that.

wink