5.9l vacuum diagram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

onewingman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
Anybody have a link to a vacuum diagram for a '99 1 ton van w/ 5.9? There's a small line together w/ the throttle linkage...I can't seem to find it's home...Any suggestions? It's in the tunnel under the dash...I think...
It's my 1st van...it's a big camper conversion...it sucked/blew the plenum gasket, apparently, that's NO SURPRISE...BUT DEALING W/ THE TUNNEL, THAT'S A REAL TREAT! Any HELP here would be appreciated.

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
I'm not 100% sure on a van but I think it may go to the cruise if it has cruise. But I'm not 100% Sure. I have the info for a ram truck so I'm not sure. I'll try to find ya some answers though. Welcome to rf btw.

OP
OP
O

onewingman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
'99 5.9l vacuum diagram

Thanks, BIGTMAN,
It's got cruise, you're probably right. I'll have to hunt around in there some more..it's there...SOMEWHERE!
I'll keep looking!
Thanks again

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
No prob. I know on our trucks they tuck the cruise module under the battery box you could try there. But who knows that engine bay isn't that big lol. Good luck man.

OP
OP
O

onewingman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
Hey, Bigtman,
Ooops, whatta dipstick, I found it... I tucked the line it "y"'d into over in front of the brake booster, to get it outta the way...well it worked...
It's ALMOST ALL back together...runs perfect, flushed it with a couple of cans of MOPAR cylinder cleaner. Next fill-up I'll SEAFOAM it. The back 4 plugs were pretty crusty, and the compression was about 20% below the front 4...those being 175-180...I figure the intake valves got coaked, I'm HOPING those back 4 will clean up. It's a pretty small engine to be behind that much camper/van.
Oh, that brings us to the ALMOST PART...I got a triangular bracket w/ a dog leg in one side...gotta clue...where it goes?...I don't...It's probably staring me in then face...AGAIN...been too close 4 too long...lol
Thanks

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Lol that usually how things go. Look at it too long and ya can't see it. I honestly can't say where it goes. I'm not sure of any triangular brackets on the 5.9 What all did you have off the van?? Just the intake or did you do a motor swap? If I recall right I had a bracket similar to that off when I did my plenum. I think it goes to the accessory bracket but I can't say for sure.

OP
OP
O

onewingman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
Ghost bracket...

No swap, it's all stock. I'll look at it again today after work...It's probably like hair on your nose...you never notice it until it's 1/4" long...
Your truck looks GOOD!
Thanks for your help

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
No problem man. That's what we're here for is to help. Thanks for the compliments. Hope you can figure it out. Let me know how it comes out for ya.