572 TT Engine swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum 5.2
I have been thinking about this for a long time now and I thought I should just ask. So if I wanted to get the 572 TT daily driver from Nelson racing would they send it with a computer that would be a direct replacement of the factory one to make all the gauges work? I know it would be expensive but this would be when my motor goes and I have a new ram if they still carry the motor at that time I would also need to get a new tranny To be able to handle that power. But would it be possible they use the factory but with a their tune?

99 Ram sport 1500 5.2 2wd

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
I doubt this is feasible. The 572 TT daily is 40k to start with and bring as it's a 572ci motor it would be very difficult to swap. The stock tranny will by no means handle that even de-tuned. You'd bow that up like to 4yh of July quicker than you could put it in gear. You would also probably need to get at least 3/4 ton front suspension if not 1 ton being as it's a much bigger engine. I just don't see this being feasible for less than 60k.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-23-19-54-30.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-01-23-19-54-30.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum 5.2
I was planning on doing it all when I retire from the navy or maybe while I'm still in the navy if I'm on a ship and thank you for telling me what it takes I appreciate it. I would love to have that motor in a truck it would make allot of the people in town who think are faster shut up

mjd91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lol you're thinking about it when you retire and you're only 19?!

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
I have less than zero experience with engines like that so I have no idea what it would come with or how much the company would do to help you install it but my assumption is that it would basically be the engine and MAYBE the harness. You'd have to buy a super built tranny to put behind it and tho it says daily driver I don't forsee "daily driver" being quite as easy as it sounds. It'd be a major project. However if someone were able to do it, it would definitely be the coolest 2nd gen dodge conceived! lol

Personally I'm happy with just bolt ons and tuning for my 360 as far as power goes, I'll save power building for my next truck which will be a diesel lol.

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum 5.2
Yes I'm only 19 and I like to plan ahead for things so I have a goal to save towards and I would be at least 40 when I retire from the navy. I already don't pay bills so I save up money pretty quick even though I don't make much so I should be able to meet this goal by retirement. And I have mixed feelings about bolt ons cuz I don't know what is on the truck from what the other guy did. All I know is exhaust and the oil pan had been removed by someone that was messy with the gasket material.
I'm pretty good when it comes to modification I always make things work even if it is ugly looking it will function[emoji3]

Killerb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Ram 2500
Yes I'm only 19 and I like to plan ahead for things so I have a goal to save towards and I would be at least 40 when I retire from the navy. I already don't pay bills so I save up money pretty quick even though I don't make much so I should be able to meet this goal by retirement. And I have mixed feelings about bolt ons cuz I don't know what is on the truck from what the other guy did. All I know is exhaust and the oil pan had been removed by someone that was messy with the gasket material.
I'm pretty good when it comes to modification I always make things work even if it is ugly looking it will function[emoji3]

I admire your future retirement plans, however ALOT of thing change in 20 years. What ever your currently driving right now will probably be a recycled pop can and your lifestyle might change by then too. Take each day one at a time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
austmurr