5th wheel nose high

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wtgjr1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
We have a 2017 Ram 3500 DRW. We are about 1.5 to 2 inches nose high pulling our 5th wheel. Our Andersen hitch is in lowest position, the king pin box cannot be raised higher. Auto leveling with alt height still leaves it high. Any ideas to get it lower would be appreciated.

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
1.5"-2" isn't very much so if it's not causing any other problems your easiest path is to just live with it. My 5th tows about the same. These new truck beds are just so high that it often comes out this way.

Aside from mine being a bit high in the front it sits low to the ground and I've dragged the back a few times. I've looked at everything from casters to having a sub-frame built to lift it up. Really, lifting the 5th is your only real solution since it sounds like you can't go any lower on the truck or hitch.

OP
OP
Wtgjr1

Wtgjr1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
Thanks. We still have some chucking/bucking so I Thought getting the front down a bit more might help. Living with it is the answer for now.

MasonD21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HemiWagon
I've heard of people upgrading to slightly larger wheels and tires on their trailer to fix this concern. But that always sounded like a lot of money to me.

COAinPaso

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My fifth wheel was the same, I flipped the axles on the trailer and all is good. It's basically a lift kit for the trailer...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro