6.4 hemi fluctuating coolant temps. Running hot?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Smky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
My 2014 Ram 2500 is doing this exact same thing.
What was the outcome? Air in the system or plugged heater core?

Smky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
What exactly is yours doing Smky?

I changed the tstat because the temp wouldn’t rise above 185*. After the change the temp warms up to 210* then drops to 190.
I wasn’t concerned with the drop because I wouldn’t know the it was doing it if it wasn’t digital and I was watching it. Until it started blowing cold air when cruising at low rpm or sitting at stop lights. Once I hit the throttle and get the rpms up, it starts to blow hot again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

Brianedgestone

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The dealer did a chemical sweep of my heater core and refilled everything. They said not much came out of the core. I guessing it was an air pocket. I now have 160deg. Air coming out of both sides and my tem swing is like 208 -212.

Smky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
The dealer did a chemical sweep of my heater core and refilled everything. They said not much came out of the core. I guessing it was an air pocket. I now have 160deg. Air coming out of both sides and my tem swing is like 208 -212.
Thanks for the update. I was thinking air pocket is my issue also. Now to get him to burp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk