6.4l cai

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snake_Eyes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l Hemi
Last edited:

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I gave Chris some pics and measurements months ago and they just weren't seeing the payback on a limited run of intakes for the 6.4L.

Have they changed their minds?

OP
OP
Snake_Eyes

Snake_Eyes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l Hemi
I gave Chris some pics and measurements months ago and they just weren't seeing the payback on a limited run of intakes for the 6.4L.

Have they changed their minds?

No change, Chris says that he's swamped with work on Hellcat stuff. BUT, I thought that if we could show him how much demand there is by people contacting him that might help sway him when he has more time.

theviking

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I'd be happy if they just started with a replacement intake tube

PowerWags

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Keep sending them in!!!!

Hey guys I sent my requests over to AFE over the weekend. They got back to me and have sent a couple emails back and forth between them. They said they are gaining interest and like the fact that there is only one other competitor right now for it. I am only about 30 minutes from them and they asked me if I will be interested in them using my truck for the r&d so I of course said yes. Keep on sending inquiries so we can get them going. Last I heard he was going to check with the r&d to see when they have time.

MN-Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I had a K&N on my Ram V-10 and it effed up my mass airflow sensor and gummed up the throttle body area. I'll never use K&N again. I did like the AfE Stage II I had on my 5.9L Cummins though. I would definitely consider an AfE on my 6.4L Hemi.

Anyone have any real world numbers regarding HP, torque, and mpg numbers after installing a CAI on a 6.4 Hemi?

OP
OP
Snake_Eyes

Snake_Eyes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l Hemi
I had a K&N on my Ram V-10 and it effed up my mass airflow sensor and gummed up the throttle body area. I'll never use K&N again. I did like the AfE Stage II I had on my 5.9L Cummins though. I would definitely consider an AfE on my 6.4L Hemi.

Anyone have any real world numbers regarding HP, torque, and mpg numbers after installing a CAI on a 6.4 Hemi?

Have you contacted aFe yet to tell them you'd buy?

OP
OP
Snake_Eyes

Snake_Eyes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l Hemi
Hey guys I sent my requests over to AFE over the weekend. They got back to me and have sent a couple emails back and forth between them. They said they are gaining interest and like the fact that there is only one other competitor right now for it. I am only about 30 minutes from them and they asked me if I will be interested in them using my truck for the r&d so I of course said yes. Keep on sending inquiries so we can get them going. Last I heard he was going to check with the r&d to see when they have time.

That's exactly what I was hoping would happen! Please let me know how it goes with them. aFe is my first pick for a CAI so if they build it, I'll buy it!

BoldAdventure

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Yea - hell you could probably get an initial group buy going here. Show them there is legitimate interest.

Underarock13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Ram 2500 14
Engine
6.4 hemi
Bam! Y'all should've read my email lol. I said they need to get on it because I don't want any piece of crap K&N in my truck ahaha.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 75

AJ_IOOF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RAM 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Filled out the request form and received this response:

Hello and good morning,

"Thank you for contacting S&B Filters, we are actually researching into this now but we do not have an answer if this will go into production at this time. We appreciate your interest and support in our products as hearing from the customer directly is our best source to see the demand of these kits. If there is any other questions you might have, please feel free to ask. Thank you.

Brandon Camacho"

Beats the Hell out of a down right NO. Hopefully there will be good news coming down the line.

OP
OP
Snake_Eyes

Snake_Eyes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l Hemi
You guys are awesome! Keep it going!

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I emailed s&b September of 2014 and they said they weren't planning on making an intake for the 6.4. They emailed me a year later again saying the same thing.

derag2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I emailed varram (sp?) a few months ago and they also said they have no interest in making one for the 6.4 truck.

Underarock13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Ram 2500 14
Engine
6.4 hemi
Come on guys don't let this thread die!

reloaderguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I emailed varram (sp?) a few months ago and they also said they have no interest in making one for the 6.4 truck.

I called them on the phone and they flatly said no.

OP
OP
Snake_Eyes

Snake_Eyes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l Hemi
Bump for more participants!!!