6" Zone Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nado

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
New to the forum, but have been doing some reading around regarding lifts. I come from a Jeep background, so I am not totally out of it :)

It appears for my use and needs, that the Zone kit is the way to go. Couple of questions though:

1 - this lift WILL level the rake of the front and rear
2 - is best to get nitrogen shocks or hydraulic
3 - 3" or 5" rear coil spring, as I am not sure why they give you two choices on rear springs if the total lift is 6"

My 2015 Ram has the factory "raised" kit on it. But, I am pretty sure that wont matter when I do the swap.

Thanks again for any and all replies, comments, observations.

Nathan

WiSH2oo0

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4wd RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You have to measure your current rake at the back of the truck. My factory rake was at 2", so I put in 2" spacers for a total 4" of rear lift. Now with my BDS 4" kit I'm perfectly level.

oldstyle17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
I would recommend the bds lift over zone. I bought the zone and have replaced a few of the smaller parts with bds replacements after only 20,000 miles. Also I would recommend the fox coilovers. They’re expensive but they get rid of a 6 inch spacer between the strut assembly and tower. Makes it quieter and smoother ride for sure. And as far as rake the above stated is why there is options. There are different degrees of rake so you order different rears to match your rake, or go with the bigger and use the coilovers or bilsteins to add the extra up front for level. This of course makes it more than a 6 inch lift

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
I would recommend the bds lift over zone. I bought the zone and have replaced a few of the smaller parts with bds replacements after only 20,000 miles. Also I would recommend the fox coilovers. They’re expensive but they get rid of a 6 inch spacer between the strut assembly and tower. Makes it quieter and smoother ride for sure. And as far as rake the above stated is why there is options. There are different degrees of rake so you order different rears to match your rake, or go with the bigger and use the coilovers or bilsteins to add the extra up front for level. This of course makes it more than a 6 inch lift

I too wish I went BDS, although I did go 4" and not 6" Zone. What "smaller parts" have you swapped out, so I can be on the lookout. Seems like a smart way to go. (OP, sorry for hijacking your thread a bit!).

oldstyle17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
I went some 4 inch instead of bds 6. I have swapped out the rear coils to get to a true 6” but also I had the outer tie rod ends of zone that I went to put the nut back on with a ryobi 18 volt impact and spun the threads off of it. I also ended up replacing the sway bar links from the zone with bds. The bushings on it wore out extremely quick.

OP
OP
N

Nado

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
This is mind boggling to me. A complete front and rear lift should level the vehicle out.

The rough country 6" lift raises the front six inches and raises the rear enough to level the vehicle. So i am baffled that other kits make you add spacers to level the raise itself.

At least that is what RC kits do on most of their other applications.

WiSH2oo0

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4wd RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A complete front and rear lift should level the vehicle out.

The rough country 6" lift raises the front six inches and raises the rear enough to level the vehicle.

Each Ram 1500 has a different rear rake from 1" to 3" from the factory. The RCX 6" kit only comes with a 4.5" rear coil spacer and no rear coil upgrade options. So the chances of being level is slim. Then like posted above you can get new front struts(Bils/Fox) or Fox coil overs to level out the front your truck.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is mind boggling to me. A complete front and rear lift should level the vehicle out.

The rough country 6" lift raises the front six inches and raises the rear enough to level the vehicle. So i am baffled that other kits make you add spacers to level the raise itself.

At least that is what RC kits do on most of their other applications.

Zone or BDS can be tailored to fit your needs, if your truck is 3" higher in the back than the front then buy the 6/3 kit, if its less than 3" higher in the rear buy the 5" coils to keep some rake. The RC kit doesn't even give you rear coils it uses the factory coils and adds a big rear spacer.

OP
OP
N

Nado

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Thanks all for the input. Its very interesting to see the difference in lifts from platform to platform. Glad i asked and searched a bit. Because its obvious now that jeeps and trucks lift quite differently. And even different trucks lift different...like chevy vs dodge.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963