83 Ramcharger??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimbo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Looks like I MIGHT be taking on two Dodge projects soon. The 1500 will be simple enough, just to get more to my tastes. BUT.....I have a guy that wants to trade an 83 ramcharger 4x4 with a 318, for my old Honda CBR. I still have to go meet him, and check it out, but from the pics I've seen, the body is straight....nasty as hell, but straight. It's got a 6 inch lift on 35's? It's got cheesey looking racing bucket seats, and no door panels. I'm thinking that with a good cleaning, some TLC, and some damned new seats, it may end up being a decent ride to **** around in, or just flip for cash.
Any suggestions or ideas? Anyone know where I can find so OEreplacement seats and door panels? Or IF any of the newer gen seats would fit?

Attachments

• 1340991261416.jpg
    1340991261416.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 295
  • 1340991254116.jpg
    1340991254116.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 358
  • 1340991242258.jpg
    1340991242258.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 90
OP
OP
J

Jimbo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Oh yea......and when I go look at it, what are any signs that I should tell me to go for it.....or just walk away from it?

reefguy89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
rust!!! if theres alot of rust just run unless you want to spent time and money fixing it right. Also does the 4x4 work?

Sagebrush2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 2500 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Keep us posted - those were cool trucks in their day... a couple years back, I had a shot at a 360 RamCharger - very good condition for $1,000 (the guy wanted rid of it when gas hit $3.00 a gallon b/c he never drove it). My buddy talked me into letting a friend of his buy it (he needed a vehicle) so I backed off the the purchase. The friend ended up rolling it a couple weeks after buying it.

OP
OP
J

Jimbo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Actually, it's an 84....straight body, with only one fender dent, and about a 6 inch strip busted out of the bottom of the rear hatch. I didn't see a speck of rust anywhere, which is suprising. Has a rear seat from who knows what welded in. The cheesey racing seats will HAVE to go if I get it!!! Not comfy at all, and are bolted to 1/4 x 4" flatbar, which bolted to the original seat mount....the mount, not the seat frame, so they can't be adjusted. Door panels are gone, only carpet is on the fender wells(which is no big deal). 318 with a 2 barrel....looks like a little leakage around the valve covers. PS pumps has a bad seal, so there was NO ps when I drove it....anyone remember what it's like to fight 35's with no ps? lol....I'm getting too old for that ****. The 6" lift is a little higher than i thought.....I'd HAVE to put some steps on it..lol. Rear bumper needs some adjustment.....it's been knocked in, and keeps the rear hatch from opening. Has ac, but will have to be charged before I know if it works. Needless to say, with those 35.14.50.15 tires, it rides like ****, and they won't get many more miles out of em anyway. I really can't make-up my mind here. It would be a decent "knock around" truck with a little work, but with my OCD-ness, I'd end up doing more work than I really have to...lol I may have to walk away from it, just because it's take alot of work to get it like I'd want it....and I really don't have the time or the cash to do that much. Especially with the things I'm gonna want to do to the 1500 when I get it...lol hmmmmm....and besides, the VERY few door panels I've been able to find, are a little pricey