85mm TB on my door step!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gunz86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
So I come home to a package sitting on my door step and I open it to see a Ported Throttle Body from MOE'S PERFORMANCE, I am so exited to install tomorrow!!!

Will definitely post review once I have it in, and see what gain I y
Get from it! Thanks Matt and am looking to buy 14" magnaflow right quickly

HLram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2007
Engine
Hemi 5.7 in both
You will love it.

bloombloom88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You won't be disappointed in the results, and from what I hear, you hemi guys see slightly better results than I saw with my 4.7. And I noticed a big difference

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons make you fat...

Joe's 2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
You will not be disappointed, my suggestion don't disconnect the battery resetting the computer. You will see actual change when you drive it from how the computer was trained. IMO. Have fun and a very easy set up.

Texas Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That has been my best mod to date. Enjoy your new setup!!

WhiteRamm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You'll absolutely love it. Easy install and instant gains. I can't give any advice on the 14" Magnaflow but I have the Mufflex Dod14m sitting in my house waiting for me to install it when I get time. If it was me I would pull the trigger on the muffler as well :)

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Very cool, a mod I wanna do!

OP
OP
G

Gunz86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
You'll absolutely love it. Easy install and instant gains. I can't give any advice on the 14" Magnaflow but I have the Mufflex Dod14m sitting in my house waiting for me to install it when I get time. If it was me I would pull the trigger on the muffler as well :)

The mufflex DOD14M is the one I want. Definitely would like to hear a review once you get yours installed.

OP
OP
G

Gunz86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
You will not be disappointed, my suggestion don't disconnect the battery resetting the computer. You will see actual change when you drive it from how the computer was trained. IMO. Have fun and a very easy set up.

I will try this out, next thing I have to figure out is how to list my mods for the truck like most people do at the bottom of there replies lol.

Very cool, a mod I wanna do!

Any reason you haven't done it yet?

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Any reason you haven't done it yet?
Yea, its caused by shopping wife and grandkids...LOL
I have other items I HAVE to buy first,:disgust:

swing set, new gas grill for back yard and a new lawnmower.....now if I won the lotto... :D

OP
OP
G

Gunz86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Yea, its caused by shopping wife and grandkids...LOL
I have other items I HAVE to buy first,:disgust:

swing set, new gas grill for back yard and a new lawnmower.....now if I won the lotto... :D

Lol, I am in need of a new lawn mower to no grand kids yet though.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Yea, I have actually been trying, TRYING to blow my current one up for two years...wife keeps saying "why do you need a new one, it still works?"

aaahhhh, so this year, son needs a mower, so he get's a hand-me-down LOL

jefferson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got my Moe's 85 mm Tuesday. Thanks Matt!! Installed Wed. pretty simple. Seemed to show some gains in throttle response. Then my buddy could here a whistle from the passenger seat. So I re-installed the TB and tightened up the clamps on my K&N 63.
Whistle went away. Intake just seemed loud and irritating, And not really performing.
Yesterday I bought a VR Air Grabber off a guy here locally. Installed today. I'll tell you it made all the difference in the world. Definitely compliments the 85 mm TB, So smooth and responsive. Not loud, and can definitely feel the gains now. That K&N 63? ...ugh, not impressed, happy to get that thing off my truck!

OP
OP
G

Gunz86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I got my Moe's 85 mm Tuesday. Thanks Matt!! Installed Wed. pretty simple. Seemed to show some gains in throttle response. Then my buddy could here a whistle from the passenger seat. So I re-installed the TB and tightened up the clamps on my K&N 63.
Whistle went away. Intake just seemed loud and irritating, And not really performing.
Yesterday I bought a VR Air Grabber off a guy here locally. Installed today. I'll tell you it made all the difference in the world. Definitely compliments the 85 mm TB, So smooth and responsive. Not loud, and can definitely feel the gains now. That K&N 63? ...ugh, not impressed, happy to get that thing off my truck!

Lol, I have my Air Grabber on order and am looking forward to that install!!

OP
OP
G

Gunz86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Just finished the install and have to say that this is a MUST HAVE MOD!!! Took it for a test drive as soon as I put it on and felt the difference in the throttle response instantly from a full stop and go as well as from cruising speed. My buddy and I were both grinning every time I mashed the pedal. Install was easy and fast and only needed a flat head screw driver to remove air intake tube and an 8mm socket to lift the 4 bolts holding the TB in place.

When holding the TB's side by side you can definitely see the difference but when installed they look identical. The stock TB had some oil accumulation at the bottom with only 2500 miles on the OD, enough to make me want to buy the BT oil catch can and FAST! I do have the whistling at higher RPM's so I may try to reseat the intake and see if that works.

Besides all that exiting stuff I have to thank Matt and Moes Performance for such a great product and a quick delivery, took 3 days to get to Virginia Beach and Matt had the delivery day on point when I asked him. I Highly recommend this product for anyone looking for an EASY DIY performance mod. I have reset the average MPG on the EVIC and will update in a few days on the change if there is any.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 83

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Great info, good feedback!

MayheM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 CC 2WD
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got one of em from Matt too Gunz, love it. It's a pretty cool mod(was my first), and I just picked up(and had installed the same day) a magnaflo 14 from Matt. I love both of the mods. I'm right there w/ you about wanting the catch can haha (except my truck has 65k on it )

OP
OP
G

Gunz86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Great info, good feedback!

Thanks

I got one of em from Matt too Gunz, love it. It's a pretty cool mod(was my first), and I just picked up(and had installed the same day) a magnaflo 14 from Matt. I love both of the mods. I'm right there w/ you about wanting the catch can haha (except my truck has 65k on it )

Yeah I am pretty sure I want the 14" mufflex, how do you like yours?

cux211

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
is tuning needed with that 85mm tb? to my knowledge there's nothing available for the 13's bullydog says they changed something in the ecm's and they're working on it

cux211

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
^^^scratch that just spoke to Matt i'll be ordering the 87mm next week